Job Title: Partnerships Manager
Band / Level / Grade: 7B
Location: Aden, Yemen
Overtime Eligible: (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC Humanitarian Responses in Yemen - The IRC began working with local partners in Yemen in 2017 with current / upcoming partnerships in Northern and Southern areas of Yemen, in Health, Women’s Protection and Empowerment, and Emergency Preparedness and Response.
The Partnerships Manager Yemen is a key position supporting the Yemen Country Program. With the overall objective of achieving high quality and compliant programming, the main goal of this position is to support the Partnership Working Group to ensure effective sub-grants management and due diligence with sub-award partners and build strong, sustainable partners. The Partnerships Manager Yemen will coordinate the daily management of the sub-award lifecycle and invest in their sustainable growth and capacity for the Yemen portfolio.
Strategy and Program Approach
- Support Technical Coordinators to proactively identify potential partnerships with local and national organizations, including those that are led by women and serve women and girls.
Promote Effective Partnerships
- Promote and apply the IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results system (PEERS). Contribute to building a strong understanding of PEERS throughout the Yemen Country Program, and to ensuring that IRC’s partnership principles, skills and approaches are applied by staff across programs and projects with partners.
- Facilitate systematic partner feedback on IRC’s management of the partnership relationship, including the documentation of, and response to partner feedback.
- Provide a quarterly Partnership Management Report to the SMT, incorporating input from technical coordinators and operational leads as appropriate.
- Support the Partnership Working Group with facilitation and coordination of all partnership management processes to ensure well planned, timely, coordinated and coherent partnership management.
- Manage and handle the administration of a pre-award due diligence process with respect to all new sub-awards, including coordinating with other units their participation in the appropriate vetting process for all potential partners. Identify specific risk factors associated with the award, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
- Support Technical teams and partners in the development of partner project descriptions, budgets, work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Draft sub-award agreements and follow IRC internal review process of all sub-award documentation and coordinate with headquarters for final approval. Obtain approval of Country Director for finalization of the award.
- Support the Technical Coordinators in facilitation of Partnership Project Opening, review and Closing Meetings.
- Coordinate narrative and finance reporting processes, including reviews and feedback.
- Support the Partnership Working Group members to ensure timely and effective partner program, finance, and compliance review and reflection (monitoring).
- Support the Partnership Working Group members to ensure project support plans are implemented in line with agreements.
- Maintain complete and organized partnership files for each partner.
- Maintain up to date Partnership Project Tracker / Monitoring Schedule.
- Process sub-awards modifications in a timely manner ensuring that the relevant IRC units (in-country and at the HQ) provide their inputs and approve the modification.
- Support the Partnership Working Group to ensure the smooth close out of partner projects, as applicable.
- Responsible for managing the relevant partnership email inboxes
- Any other relevant tasks, set by the Partnerships Coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Partnerships Coordinator
Position directly co-supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: the position regularly corresponds and attends meetings with external and internal audiences, thus a strong ability to communicate and maintain positive working relationships is highly desirable for this positon.
Internal: Technical Coordinators, Partnerships Department Staff, Finance team, Supply Chain team,
External: Partner staff.
Job Requirements: The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development or Affairs, Finance, Business or related field; Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience with INGOs or NGOs.
- Proven experience in sub-grants management highly desired.
- Knowledge of major donor compliance requirements including ECHO and U.S Government.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, thrive in a multi-cultural environment, be flexible and handle pressure with professional grace.
- Proficient in both Arabic and English.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: This position is based in Aden, Yemen.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: September 27, 2020 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.