Economic Security Generalist
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Economic Security Generalist
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Hodeidah
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) programme in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Working under supervision and with support from Economic Security Generalist 3 or Economic Security Coordinator 1, has most of the following responsibilities.
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Collects data using methods that are in line with the household economy approach.
- Collects and analyses market price data.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programmes.
- Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- May contribute to providing supervision, guidance, support and appraisals for EcoSec staff at the B1 and B2 levels.
- Provides administrative support.
- High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree in a related field.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English and/or French; knowledge of the local language(s).
- Computer literacy.
Professional Experience Required
- 3–5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating in the subject line: Generalist Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 24.09.2020