Ended Driver (4)
Driver (4) (Aden & Lahj)
The driver is responsible for driving Save the Children staff adhering to Driver responsibility, guidelines, performing routine maintenance, assist on logistics activities as assigned by line manager and always making sure the vehicle is clean and in good condition. It is essential that the driver at all times demonstrates reliability, punctuality and discipline while performing his duties, has good communication skills and the ability to work on his own initiative in a timely manner. Save the children expects all staff members to have a high degree of professionalism in the workplace and commitment to fulfilling the rights of children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To drive Save the Children passengers within Aden Lahj Al dhale’e governerates as required, take proper care of assigned vehicles and the safety of the passengers at all times.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks on a daily basis to ensure proper upkeep of vehicles and immediately draw the attention of the line manager of any damage or fault on the vehicle.
- Carry out weekly maintenance checks on SC vehicles which includes: suspension, engine, gear box, alarm system, vehicle tools, battery, locks, brakes, clutch fluid levels, loose nuts and bolts on the vehicle, unexpected noises, fluid leaks under the vehicle and any damage to the body or interior parts.
- Maintain the cleanliness of SC vehicles at all times, both internally and externally.
- Drive in a safe and reasonable manner following the standard speed limits set by SC at all times and report an accident at the earliest opportunity.
- Complete the logbook on a daily basis as per the transport Management handbook.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of certificate in driving related course or basic vehicle mechanics.
- Graduate degree or any other equivalent qualification.
- Valid Driving License
- Good communication in English.
- At least three year experience in the same or related position
- Volunteering experience in an international NGO is an added advantage.
- Ability to take initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply. You can apply here.
Deadline for submitting applications: 21st September 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.