Ended Site Management Specialist (Engineer)(2)
JOB TITLE: Site Management Specialist (Engineer)(2)
LOCATION: ( Ibb, Taiz), ( Ma’rib , Al-Baydha’a)
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: two Month renewable upon performance
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline Date: 19/9/2020
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian-based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The COVID19 CCCM Project Technical Engineer will implement activities in an effort to support Community-Led Site Maintenance for improving the IDP hosting sites in order to raise the standard of living within those sites. With a focus towards disaster risk reduction and natural resource management, s/he will oversee the implementation of small-scale infrastructure projects in the targeted communities. Projects will be selected by community members through a participatory prioritization process and constructed by unskilled community members through Cash for Work modality or the like. S/he will ensure timely implementation, monitor work progress, and complete the handover process. The Engineer will represent BFD during community meetings and ensure high-quality projects are delivered. S/he will identify gaps for training and skills transfer to enhance the future employability of CFW participants, and ensure good success stories and case studies are developed regularly.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the community to develop appropriate interventions and develop project proposals with regards to needs and community priorities within IDP Hosting Sites.
- Organize meetings to sensitize communities about the purpose and modalities of the project and Identify community committees and ensure coherent coordination with committee members.
- Review and develop beneficiary selection criteria with government, local authorities, and community members to identify project beneficiaries according to project targets criteria.
- In cooperation with CCCM CFPs (Community Focal Points), Assist communities with the targeting and selection of CCCM Site Maintenance beneficiaries.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project to ensure the development of community ownership for the project.
- Liaise with District level authorities regarding all stages of the project implementation and evaluation.
- Undertake technical assessment for Site Maintenance Activities within sites, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community projects' designs.
- Preparing BoQs outlining the necessary tools and materials and designing/reviewing/developing construction-related documents (feasibility study, designs, BoQ, monitoring forms, and payment disbursement forms/documents).
- Prepare a time-bound and detailed work/ implementation plan, to implement every activity.
- Supervise all the project activities at the field level and follow up on the project cycle.
- Liaise with the Project manager and procurement team in the preparation of materials, tools, and procurement.
- Filling all supported forms and submit weekly and monthly reports and any other needed reports of the program management.
- Follow up and Provide advice to site supervisors to ensure achievements in a timely manner on technical criteria
- Ensure selected sites for Support Community-Led Site Maintenance Activities are safe, suitable, and coordinated with local authorities and service providers.
- Planning and managing safety procedures and measures in the worksites.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering from a respectable university.
- 4 years' experience in designing studies and supervision.
- 2 years' experience in cash for work activities or related activities.
- Experience in pricing and analyzing the costs of work items and preparing BoQ and inventory lists/ framework.
- Experience in the preparation of time tables to achieve the works and time-bound schemes to implement the activities.
- Good analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point) as well as engineering programs (Auto CAD, Civilpro ... etc.)
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience writing and compiling narrative and analytical reports in English.
- Very good in English (speaking, writing, reading, and typing is essential.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (eg beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, click the following link to apply:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.