Ended IT & Data Base Officer
About the Foundation:
Yemen Development Foundation (YDF) is a non-governmental, and non-proﬁt foundation. It was established in 2016 by a group of development professionals with aims to empower most vulnerable, poor and disadvantaged populations. It is professionally managed NGO, active in individual and community related issues. The primary focus of YDF is on the problems of the poor; in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Environment stabilization, humanitarian work, education, water and sanitation, food security and empowerment of the community for self-governance are the most important components of its mission. Gender justice, natural resource management, and livelihood security are YDF primary areas of concern. Maternal and child health, nutrition, child rights and youth empowerment are also within the main focus of YDF, due to the belief that women are a pillar in society, and that children and youth are the foundation for a brighter future for Yemen.
Position: IT & Data Base Officer
Duty station: Sa’ada
Duration: 3 months, renewable based on fund and performance
The IT & Data Base Officer will be the lead in managing all technical IT issues under the direct supervision of YDF Management. he will provide effective, efficient and timely IT support to program implementation activities in compliance with YDF procedures.
Job description/ key responsibilities:
- Manage the Revision of collected data of beneficiaries by Data entries and ensure that all the required information is registered to certify the completion of beneficiaries’ database.
- Establish a well-formatted, and a comprehensive database for beneficiaries.
- Compare beneficiaries’ lists with Data Entries to avoid any duplication that may occur.
- Manage the Preparation of issuing the required documents needed for the distribution process such as beneficiaries’ tokens, beneficiaries contacting lists, beneficiaries hanging lists, beneficiaries fingerprint lists, and warehouse beneficiaries’ lists.
- Check if reports are submitted as per data upload on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Create database backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Ensure and respect confidentially of YDF documents and beneficiaries’ data.
- Provide regular reports on daily, weekly, and monthly basis of activities implementation of the projects.
- Keep high level of support regarding database, computer maintenance, fingerprint recorders, and IT problems to YDF and projects.
- Implement and maintain high level of data security.
- Administer YDF website and emails.
- Perform any other related tasks by YDF management.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in information management, IT or any other related field.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with NGOs is essential.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and
- Experience of data collection tools (Kobo Collect – ODK) is essential.
- Professional experience with web designing and development.
- Experience with Power BI, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator…etc..
- Good command in typing in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work to time constraints.
- Data management skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Good communication skill, highly committed, dependable, strong ability to work independently and take initiatives, good interpersonal skill.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are highly requested to send their English CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should clearly mention the job title in the subject line of your email. (applications without subjects won’t be considered).
- Candidates in Sa’ada can bring their applications to YDF Office to the following address: (Al-Zubiri Street, nearby Bin-Seena Hospital, YDF Office)
- The deadline for receiving applications is: September 19, 2020
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.