Ended Social Worker Child Protection
National Staff Position
Position: Social Worker child protection
Job site: Aden (Al-Buraiqa) – 1 position
Report to: Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
Project Title: Provision of emergency primary & secondary health & nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people, in Aden and Hajjah Governorates,
The project targets Al-Buraiqa district in Aden, providing protection services integrated with emergency health and nutrition services, for conflict and displacement affected people.
INTERSOS is running a community center in Al-Buraiqa since last year 2019, to address the protection needs of the IDPs and HC and to provide for community-based protection response and prevention activities for conflict-affected population (IDPs, returnees and host community). The project provides emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs (incl. persons with disabilities), Child Protection cases and GBV survivors, legal assistance, integrating protection activities with health, providing individual case management services and collective PSS provided from a community center (CC) or a HF, while community volunteers ensure community acceptance, outreach and referral. Community awareness and information sharing on services and protection related issues will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
The Social Worker IMC oversees the identification of most vulnerable child protection cases and protection cases and assist them with a comprehensive package of Individual Case Management services, which needs to be adapted according to the individual case’s needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, counsel and follow-up individual child protection cases (self-referral, internal referral or referral by other actors), and assess their needs;
- Provide PSFA to each individual case identified;
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable children, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the child well- being;
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases;
- Refer cases of identified child protection cases internally for PSC, legal assistance, cash assistance or other specialized services provided by INTERSOS when needed;
- Provide/conduct individual PSC session with identified children and adult cases;
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow-up and information sharing;
- Manage, fill, archive specific assessment forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness;
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent child protection cases.
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.;
- Ensure to keep complete and well-organized records;
- Responsible of the hotline, ensuring production of weekly Hotline reports for responding to Protection Emergency Cases (open 24 hours). Hotline is handled by social workers (weekly rotation system).
- Provide daily updates to the Case Management Supervisor about new cases assessed.
- Report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken.
- Assist the Case Management Supervisor in providing reports to the Activity Coordinator of case management activities on a weekly basis.
- Undergo to regular case management audits by Protection Coordinator.
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training, case management meetings and case conferences as requested by the Case Management Supervisor and/or Activity Coordinator
- Participates in daily/weekly staff meetings
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings led by Case Management Supervisor.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences or psychology.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for CP. Please, note that people without demonstrated working experience in Individual Case Management will not be considered.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
Most relevant other requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 21 September 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand or to a different email address will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!