Ended Food Security and Livelihoods Officer
FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOOD OFFICER
Emergency Roving Team
The position will be based in Aden, with 80% of the time spent in the field (Taizz, Hodeidah, Lahj, Abyan, Al Dhale governorates).
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently implementing emergency and early-recovery WASH and Food Security and Livelihood projects in Lahj, Taizz, and Hodeidah governorates. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha.
For the year 2019, Solidarites International is looking at strengthening its emergency response capacity through the establishment of a dedicated, roving team based in Aden with regular field trips.
The duration of the contract will be 3 months, with possible extension upon availability of funding
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
Under the direct supervision of the Emergency FSL Team Leader and the overall management of the Emergency Distribution PM, the FSL Officer will implement, monitor and report FSL activities, ensuring that Solidarities International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
He/she will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarities International at all times.
List of main activities:
Implementation & Supervision of FSL Activities
- Under the supervision of the FSL Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of activities.
- Produce technical files (BoQs, Scope of work, Drawing etc.) according to the identified needs, standards and available resources.
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out.
- Carry out technical assessments of identified sites and make recommendations for appropriate tailored interventions.
- Train daily workers and other hired skilled laborers.
- Allocate tasks and supervise the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the FSL Team Leader.
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates.
- Provide the FSL Team Leader with requests regarding material, tools or service needs on regular basis according to the needs.
- Produce with the supplier the Quality and Quantity check at the end of each work in order to release payment using SI’s internal tools.
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation.
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the FSL team Leader by collaborating with the logistics department.
- Report to the FSL team Leader or in absence; to the Program Manager on the state of ‘Field’ stock on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors.
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population.
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (health facility workers, daily laborers, beneficiaries) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarites office, accessible to his/her FSL team Leader and or Program Manager.
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the FSL team Leader.
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives when requested by the FSL team Leader or Program Manager.
- Report to the FSL team Leader the progress of the activities he/she is in charge of according to Solidarities International reporting template.
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarities programs or safety issues.
- Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarities.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population.
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
- Represent Solidarities International at local level when requested by the FSL Team Leader.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager: Distribution Program Manager
Line report(s) on base:
Function Report (s):
Profile required :
- Bachelor level minimum
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum in food security, preferably in management position
- Experience in similar context and area
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated & organized
- Ability to spend extended hours on the field on the West Coast
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 24th September 2020