Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden, Yemen.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Supervisor the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities’ implementation, and insuring the accountability towards beneficiaries through CRM.
He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress, achievements and challenges faced.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Under the responsibility of the team leader, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires.
- Support the team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request.
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions.
Management of complaint response mechanism (CRM):
- Ensure that all information related to complaints is properly recorded and that the logbook is clean
- Follow proper implementation of CRM standard operating procedures
- Ensure follow-up of all cases referred to the management team until the closure of the case
- Ensure proper archiving for future reference.
- Participate in training field teams on CRM information plan
Reporting / communication
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates, lessons learned and recommendations as necessary.
- Submit timely complaints reports weekly/monthly.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project’s objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donors indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & « Do No Harm » approaches
- Make regular reports to the team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administration and the local authorities
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW)
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: MEAL Supervisor
III. Profile required
- Bachelor’ degree in relevant field/Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience working for INGOs in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
- Excellent data analysis skills and abilities
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including a supportive working style.
- Good professional English, both written and spoken.
- Good writing/report writing skills
- Willingness to travel as requested
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for Receiving applications: 24th September 2020