Ended Procurement Officer
Location of position: ADEN, YEMEN
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently implementing emergency and early-recovery WASH and Food Security and Livelihood projects in Lahj, Taizz, and Hodeidah governorates. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha.
For the year 2019, Solidarites International is looking at strengthening its emergency response capacity through the establishment of a dedicated, roving team based in Aden with regular field trips.
The duration of the contract will be 6 months, with possible extension upon availability of funding
The position will be based in ADEN.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Procurement Officer carries out the procurement for the programs and structure for his/her assigned base.
He/She is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarités International purchase procedures.
He/She is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
List of main tasks:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and Internal Order Forms (IOF) after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Manage procurements while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format and information supply documents comply with SI regulation
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- Communicate with suppliers regarding all procurement and/or quotations process in duly respect of Solidarites International Code of Ethics
- Archive the purchase file respecting Solidarites International procedures
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders
- Update the IOF follow-up on a weekly basis
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line interlocutor: - Log/Admin Manager
Line supervisor(s) on base: - Log/Admin Manager
Functional interlocutor: Supply Responsible Coordination-level
Functional supervisor(s): - Logistics Coordinator
III. Profile required
- Degree in logistics, supply chain or other related fields.
- At least 1 year in a similar position, for private or NGO sector.
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months minimum.
- Experience in Emergency response is an asset.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context.
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous.
- Strong organization skills
- Autonomous and flexible
- Good communication skill in both English and Arabic
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 24th September 2020