Ended Protection Assistant
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Protection Assistant.
Number of Vacancy: (1)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time – contract.
Position reporting to: Protection Officer
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: September 14th 2020.
Closing Date: September 18th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan regular field protection assessments, using as much as possible an age, gender and diversity approach, in order to fully understand protection concerns and priorities.
- Prepare the Filed Visit plan for Protection Monitors team and follow up their reports.
- Assess the resources available to the targeted displaced community to increase their own safety and protection.
- Enhance and facilitate discussion on main protection concerns and response capacity within the displaced and the host communities.
- Case Management: conduct interviews and prepare best interest determination for vulnerable conflict effected IDPs whenever needed.
- Refer protection cases (Child Protection) to the protection officer/protection specialist, including updating the database on case referral and follow up.
- Referring IDPs at risk to other services; for instance, legal services, psychological counseling sessions, education, health, and... Etc. and then follow up the cases.
- Raise awareness for vulnerable conflict effected IDPs, community, youth and households upon protection issues through interviews and counseling and awareness sessions.
- Supervise the implementation of project and ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Prepare weekly, monthly, mid and final reports on time and be delivered to the IDPs protection officer.
- Conduct informative sessions, record feedback (comments, suggestions) and report results back to Protection Officer on issues of concern with recommended areas of intervention.
- Document all challenges, difficulties and success stories that might take place during implementing the project.
- Working in the field on the protection issue as per project’s needs.
- Entering relevant data to the system and writing reports for relevant data.Follow up Protection Monitors and volunteers in the field.
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in a Social Science and/or in a relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience in the protection/ GBV and psychological support, preferably with INGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills and proven experience in leading field teams.
- Highly organized with strong problem-solving skills and a track record of achieving results under stress and in difficult environments
- Evidence of working independently and operating with minimum supervision, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent Arabic language skills (both oral and written)
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into protection issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and government.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- Experience in community mobilization and capacity building
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than September 18th 2020.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.