Ended Team Leader- WASH (RE-Advertised)
Team Leader- WASH (RE - Advertised)
Duty Station [Khokha -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
Ensure the proper implementation of all WASH and Shelter/WASH programs in the west coast and work with government authorities, local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the buy-in and participation of local communities in project activities.
- Capacitate and manage project staff and field operations in various governorates.
- Oversee the design and implementation of baseline and KAP surveys and other data collection activities.
- To work closely with WASH and Shelter teams for the implementation of Shelter/CCCM /WASH activities and provide them with technical instructions on works, implementation and compliance
- Review BoQs and procure technical services in line with DRC contracting procedures
- Monitor/supervise during interventions to ensure they are implemented according to agreed standards and within budget / take appropriate remedial action if/when these standards are not being met.
- Support Project officers and assistants in implementing Shelter and WASH projects’ strategy, meeting the objectives and ensure quality implementation of the field activities in compliance with DRC and donor regulations; continuously support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes
- Identify and prepare ToRs and contracts for technical consultants, as needed.
- With the QA team, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor projects performance, in consultation with local stakeholders, against work plans and project targets.
- Participate in coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as needed, and attend DRC regular meetings.
- Ensure staff compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Liaise regularly with WASH AND SHELTER/WASH partners and represent DRC in WASH AND SHELTER/WASH cluster and partners’ meetings.
- Proactively ensure identification of new areas of intervention and identification of upcoming needs.
- Support the set-up of information management systems at the sites, including the collection and provision of data and the transparent sharing of the information with relevant stakeholders.
- To provide assistance, coaching and counselling on WASH and Shelter interventions in the designated area of operations and across program.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the SMC Manager to advance DRC's work
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to IDPs
- Proven skills in building relationships with stakeholders at the community, local, and national levels
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor/Degree in Civil Engineering
- Arabic (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
- SMC Manager
- Local Authorities
- Technical Manager/Specialist
- Base Manager
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Khokha with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (G).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close September 21, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo