Ended Logistics Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium – Mocha is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Mocha project
Contract duration: Three months renewable
Contract type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Key of responsibilities:
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- English and Arabic languages essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV). Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières Belgium - Mocha
Please send your application to email@example.com or bring it at the MSF hospital in Mocha. Please in the subject of the mail precise “Logistics Supervisor - Mocha”
Deadline for application: 20th of Sep, at 12:00 PM.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-B (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-B.