Ended Reporting Officer
Position Reporting Officer
Job location Aden
Report to Senior Protection Officer - Project Manager
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Under UNHCR partnership and funds, FMF will implement a protection project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, West Taiz, Al-Dhale'e, and Shabwah.
This position demands an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. Under the direct supervision of Senior Protection Officer and Project Manager, the Reporting Officer will undertake timely and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reporting of the all project activities.
- With the support of Data Management staff, analyze and synthesize data, create infographics, interactive maps and other communication material as needed.
- With guidance and support of Senior Protection Officer and Data Management staff, suggest and develop reporting processes and appropriate formats for project staff, and monitor and ensure accuracy of data collection to meet all quality reporting requirements.
- With the support of data management staff, regularly review project data, ensuring accurate data collection, and analyze the data to ensure the meeting of donor targets, and protection key trends for further reporting and analysis.
- With the support of relevant project staff, provide guidance to the field teams on how to best utilize the protection tools to ensure that the data collection meet high quality and best practice standards.
- Review draft protection reports on protection assessments and incidents, for evidence-based referrals and advocacy for the protection gaps and needs of IDPs and other conflict-affected Persons of Concern (PoCs).
- Contribute to report protection trends analysis on a regular basis, and maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community dynamics in the communities monitored including the surrounding host community.
- Revise and finalize drafts of quantitative and qualitative weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports by other project staff.
- Provide technical capacity building to project staff to improve writing and reporting skills.
- Establish and communicate a reporting schedule and ensure submission of reports in a timely manner, and thus provided quality assurance if data with the support of Data Management staff.
- Overseeing reporting and data quality on Activity Info in an accurate and timely manner.
- Contribute to support M&E staff in the implementation and improvement of monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in in social sciences or any other relevant subject or any related field.
- 2 years of experience working with I/NGOs in the protection sector, with prior reporting, project management and M&E experience.
- Prior familiarity with the implementation of protection projects preferred (sufficient technical knowledge).
- Familiarity with research and analysis tools and processes with experience in report writing and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience in deadline driven reporting environment.
- Excellent M&E knowledge and experience, including understanding of how to conduct assessments and analyze data.
- Experience in providing training and support to project staff, and good foundation of monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable and/or conflict affected persons, and case management experience.
- Proven experience in conducting protection assessment exercises and understanding of how to utilize relevant tools and approaches.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues and specifically FMF’s approach to and role in protection work including analysis and advocacy.
- Understanding of the Protection Cluster and other protection coordination mechanisms and the roles and mandates of key protection actors.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking including experience developing written analysis and strategies for protection.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines, and familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures.
- Prior experience in working and/or coordinating with other humanitarian organizations.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer, and respect confidentiality of data and information.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Be available for regular trainings provided by FMF and support in identifying staff training needs.
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment, punctuality and respect for rules and procedures, and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.