Ended Area Admin & HR Assistant
Area Admin & HR Assistant /Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Admin & HR Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Assist in preparing administrative documents such as internal notes, letters.
- Control and check attendance sheets and supporting documentation (attachments) for all national staff.
- Keep the attendance sheets up-to-date and produce monthly attendance reports.
- Maintain a clear record of staff's files.
- Follow up of staff appraisal form, and new contract/contract renewals with relevant department managers.
- Maintain ACTED HR standard templates in line with ACTED HR Manual/Internal regulations.
- Follow up with the medical insurance of the staff and their family members and ensure their signatures when received.
- Ensure the ACTED ID of the staff and ensure their signatures when received.
- Update the Organization Charts (organigram).
- Prepare the first draft of monthly payroll.
- Prepare staff exit forms with their final entitlements and follow up with the capital.
- Prepare vacancy announcements for junior national staff in the office and follow up with the recruitment.
- Cross check with Finance to ensure the budget is available for new recruitments.
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear long/short list for successful candidates.
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by the relevant department, after short-listing.
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in the ACTED HR Manual.
- Prepare employment documents for staff and collect all information required for the contracts (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.).
- Preparation of the contracts for Fixed Term contracted staff and Interns application.
Filing and Archiving:
- Assist HR/Admin officer in the ACTED Admin/HR filing system (include official correspondences, governmental documents follow-up, recruitment process documents, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining thorough personal folders for national staff ensuring occurring updates.
- Keep updating the filing template on a weekly basis.
- File documents in the personal staff folders and make sure that they are kept up-to-date.
- Meticulously name and classify each file/document stored in the computer, to ensure easy access.
- Maintain electronic/hardcopy filing for staff files particularly for contracts, extensions and amendments.
- Archive and file all HR and Administrative Documents.
- Prepare the required documents in case of external/internal audit, under the supervision of the line supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least one year of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Very good English skills, both oral and written;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Area Admin & HR Assistant/Aden”
- and rename your CV and cover letter as: First & Last name+ Area Admin & HR Assistant
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 01 October 2020.
- Candidates from Aden governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification