Ended Supply Chain Intern
Supply Chain Intern
Duty Station [Sana’a]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
Supply Chain Intern will support the Supply Chain team in ensuring that the programmatic needs of the main office are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost-effective manner. The Supply Chain - Intern shall work closely with the team to ensure smooth and effective running of the department’s activities in general and of procurement activities in particular at country office (Yemen –Sana’a).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Supply chain team in procurement activities including the preparation of RFQ invitation documents, following up with timely receipt of bids, collecting quotations, and evaluation of goods & services quotations …etc.
- Assist the team to ensure proper archiving of the department’s files documentations.
- Assist in registry and inventory of DRC’s Assets to ensure they are updated and recorded regularly in accordance with the DRC/Donor’s guidelines.
- Assist in managing DRC’s vehicles as per DRC’s fleet management manual.
- Implement any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
The Supply Chain- intern will report to Country Supply Chain Manager .
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
Solid computer skills
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- High school, university degree in public relation is highly preferable
- Diploma or equal of public relations if any
- Fluent in both written and speaking English – highly preferable
- Arabic Language is mandatory for the job
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- All DRC/DDG staff
- DRC management and SMT
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 months Letter of understanding, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from October 2020 and be willing and able to work in Sana’a.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 4 October 2020. The interviews are expected to take place on as soon as possible.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo