FSL Team Leader
CARE International is currently seeking FSL Team Leader to be responsible for provision of technical guidance to FSL staff and facilitate quality interventions on FSL in program targeted locations. He/she will be responsible for the development, start-up, ongoing support, continuing development, and daily technical support of all FSL activities, including cash-based programming, livestock activities, and income-generating interventions.
The position: FSL Team Leader
This position reports to the Area Program Manager and will be responsible for provision of technical guidance to FSL staff and facilitate quality interventions on FSL in program targeted locations. He/she will be responsible for the development, start-up, ongoing support, continuing development, and daily technical support of all FSL activities, including cash-based programming, livestock activities, and income-generating interventions.
He/she will also work closely with all team members, partners, counterparts to ensure coordination and planning, and be responsible for compiling reports, supporting with M&E, among other tasks.
Program Development and Management :
- Participate in FSL or sector specific technical assessments in the program area in coordination with other CARE thematic areas.
- Analyze the needs of the beneficiaries in terms of Food security and livelihoods.
- Develop, plan, and implement FSL activities related to food security, cash-based programming and livelihoods
- Facilitate integration of FSL programs activities with the Health and Nutrition program.
- Provide strategic direction, technical advice and overall supervision throughout implementation of FSL program in the assigned geographic areas.
- Participate in analyses of needs at the community level, assess resources available for addressing the needs of vulnerable households, and suggest innovative approaches for filling gaps in programming.
- Design and implement the programme in line with CARE’s FSL strategy and modalities.
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders in the field locations to share information and influence thinking on FSL needs.
- Advise on program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization, local partnerships, participant training, staffing, etc.) in coordination with supervisor.
- Identify and address staff capacity building opportunities
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle with women being enabled to influence decision-making around food security and livelihood issue.
- Manage the Food Security & Livelihoods Officers working on the Food Security & Livelihoods activities in the supported facilities and in the communities.
- Lead the implementation of all food security and livelihood interventions, including cash-based programming, agricultural programming, livestock, and small business development
- Ensure that the food security projects are delivered according to CARE's and donors' contractual requirements and that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Actively participate in the collection and analysis of information used to determine vulnerability, and develop transparent targeting criteria
- In collaboration with the relevant stakeholders and communities, organize the identification, registration, and verifications of beneficiaries
- Identify appropriate Cash for Work activities and ensure the CFW interventions are gender sensitive
- Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Provide real time technical advice to project staff through direct regular field visits.
- Ensure technical quality of programme being implemented in the field locations.
- In coordination with the FSL-Advisor and Program support officer, ensure that project related procurement is conducted according to CARE and donor procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure that program teams and partner staff have the required understanding of food security and livelihoods
- Monitor the project procurement planning and financial forecasting
- Collect and analyze market information pertaining to food security and livelihoods regularly
- Working closely with the M&E Officer, put in place a FSL sector MEAL plan, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work
- Prepare a detailed implementation plan and monthly/weekly plans and ensure the FSL team adheres to the plan
- In collaboration with the M&E Officer, regularly gather evidence and data from projects in the field
- Participate in the design of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations
- Participate in the documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to contribute to sector learning.
- Facilitate inter/intra cross learning visits
- Engage with research institutions and universities in conducting operational researches
- Be aware and keep abreast of good practice and policy issues regarding food security and livelihoods in Yemen and the region, translating this into programme design and adaptation.
- Ensure beneficiaries are tracked for various activities and appropriate documentation / information on beneficiaries is collected and recorded
- Monitor the programme and changes in food security and livelihoods situation in the field.
- Participate in internal coordination and management meetings to promote effective and efficient information sharing and program integration
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of accountability mechanisms
- Prepare regular and comprehensive project progressive monthly reports
- Develop learning needs assessment and capacity building plans for both CARE FSL assistants and partner staff.
- Coach and mentor FSL assistants and partner staff on emerging FSL practices and standards
- Provide technical training and capacity building to FSL Officers and Community mobilizers on project strategies and modalities.
Undertake any other duties which may be assigned:
- BSc degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as agronomy, nutrition, rural development, agricultural economics)
- Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on FSL related topics.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in food security and livelihoods programs, and with experience in cash/voucher activities
- Experience in cash-based programming
- Experience of design, implementation and scale up of FSL programmes including
- Cash Transfer program in emergencies, early recovery activities in rural and urban settings.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Fluent in oral and written Arabic and English
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply through below link by October 31, 2020.
- Click on the Advanced button
- Click on proceed to careyemis.org (unsafe)
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.