Ended HR & Administration Assistant
Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9B
Location: Yemen | Abyan
Overtime Eligible: per local law
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the Supervision of the Field Manager, the HR & Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting recruitment, onboarding, national staff /casual contract management, performance management, time and leave management and supporting the field office in Abyan.
WORKING RELATIONS: The HR& Admin Assistant will work closely with the HR & Administration and the Field Management team to ensure HR &Administration processes are seamlessly implemented and in line with the IRC Yemen policies and guidelines. The position is in contact with staff and should ensure that the HR & Administration department proactively provides seamless and people friendly services in line with IRC Yemen policies and guidelines.
- With the support from the recruitment team, assist with implementation of recruitment processes in the field office including advertising positions in the field using the field recruitment guidelines.
- Coordinates recruitment support services to ensure HR delivers effective recruitment support to line managers in the field according to agreed standards and timelines.
- Extracting of applications from the relevant sites as where positions have been advertised and sharing with the recruitment team as required.
- Proactively participate in recruitment processes including interview scheduling, interviewing, preparation of outcome reports and reference checks.
On-boarding and staff orientation:
- Working with the Field Manager and the HR Manager in coordinating and facilitating a comprehensive orientation program for all new staff in the field office.
- On-boarding new staff into IRC administration and staff policies. Ensure all policies are signed at reporting day and the policies are well articulated during the onboarding process.
- Periodically support the orientation of staff on IRC HR Policies and procedures.
- Maintain an oversight on contract periods and initiate discussion on contract reviews with line managers.
- Preparation of service contracts for casuals and maintaining the service contracts trackers.
- Preparing consultancy contracts upon receiving the approved requisition
- Support preparation of pay actions that need approval for payroll implementation including overtime, pay increments, allowances, etc.
- Ensuring all contracts/casuals payment requisitions are done in a timely manner
- Supports the HR & Administration team in following up on performance management process for IRC Staff in the field office.
- Communicating with line managers on performance management due dates and ensuring that performance management processes are followed.
- Follow up on submission of completed performance management forms and ensure performance goals are set.
- Updating the performance management tracker and ensuring that all eligible staff have participated in the performance management process.
- Provide guidance on the leave application process and be the custodian of leave application forms in the field.
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff on a weekly basis.
- Updating the timesheet tracking schedule on a monthly basis and sharing it with the HR Manager.
- Monitor staff attendance by checking records on finger print device and generate a weekly records to share with the Field manager
- Follow up with staff on leave utilization and staff leave plans.
Support to Field Operations.
- Support and assist in coordinating HR communication between other field offices.
- Ensure that standard IRC forms are made available to the field staff and they are utilized in the appropriate manner.
Reporting and Database management
- Ensure updating of all recruitment trackers, service contract, leave data base, timesheet database, master contract list for all staff, and other adhoc reports prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate.
- Maintain updated staff files at field level.
- Ensure that all staff in Abyan are fully equipped with office working tools including phone and Sim card with the coordination of Aden office.
- Update contact list of IRC staff for the field office.
- Manage cleaners and ensure that IRC office and Guest House are always clean and fully equipped with all needs and requirement.
- Distribute correspondence including internal memos and; maintenance of mail registers.
- Maintain central files and administration files. Ensure confidentiality of sensitive files.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Administration preferably in an INGO setting.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Attention to detail.
- Team Worker with excellent interpersonal and social skills.
- Ability to work independently.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: October 18, 2020. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of 18 October.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.