Ended Risk Management Advisor (Hadhramout)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Risk Management Office – Yemen -RMO- (PN. 17.2137.2-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Risk Management Advisor Hadhramout
- End of Contract: 30.04.2021
- Post Location: Al-Mukalla
Risk Management Advisor - Hadhramout is responsible for (within the assigned region):
- Conducting Security Risk Assessments, SRAs for cities routes…etc.;
- Managing all risk management related matters in respect to his/her region;
- Achieving risk mitigation for national and international employees and assets of GDC-Yemen office;
- Ensuring dissemination and implementation of Risk Management Office policies/procedures to all project staff;
- Conducting travel management to all GDC Yemen employees through day-to-day situation, road assessment and providing advice on travel clearance;
- In close cooperation with other peer colleagues, verifying & cross-checking security incidents for database on monthly basis;
- Conducting Site Security Assessments for offices, hospitals, hotels, & other infrastructure (field assessments);
- Developing security plans (Hibernation Relocation Evacuation & Contingency Plan) and early-warning indicators in Hadhramout;
- Liaising with Security Focal Points of projects/programs operating in the region;
- Conducting security induction for newly joined GDC staff and short-term consultants hired by GDC projects in assigned regions.
In consultation with RMO, the Risk Management Advisor - Hadhramout is responsible for:
- Information management (collecting and timely sharing of security related information);
- Incident mapping and analysis;
- Developing and updating crisis management plan;
- Reporting to the database assistant incidents occurring in the assigned region with analysis and recommendations (if required);
- Providing immediate incident response in coordination with RMO senior management and Procurement unit;
- Providing informative and assessment input to RMO for periodic and thematic reports;
- Liaising and networking with national & international entities concerning security risk management issues in assigned region;
- Conducting site security assessments SSAs for offices and residences (If any);
- Conducting security briefings for staff visiting the assigned region;
- Advising project staff on security issues;
- Organizing security training for GDC personnel;
- Accompanying field missions (if required);
- Backstop other RMAs in other regions as required.
- Supervising guards deployed at GIZ premises (If any) in assigned region;
- Develop and implement security plans (HRE & Contingency Plan) in assigned region.
- Ensures that all security related information is timely shared between RMO and project/program staff, partners and defined institutions/organizations;
- Ensures timely and effective communication with supervisors and line managers in Sana’a;
- Ensures timely compiling, reporting, and follow up of security incidents and near misses affected GDC staff, assets, reputation, finance and operations.
- Maintains a list of all GDC staff/consultants/official missions in respective focal region at any given time, send Security Alerts and provide security awareness information as and when necessary;
- Ensures operability of all communication equipment at any given time;
- Transmits and receives risk management related communication messages via available tools;
- Processes and maintains up to date records and logs of all incoming / outgoing e-mail traffic;
- Maintains the incident reporting system.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating security and risk management trainings to GDC project employees (if required);
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding training according to findings of the line manager.
- Ensures that all security administration (e.g. records, files, documentation) is handled in a thorough and timely manner;
- Ensures that all security related data and files are constantly updated;
- Ensures data protection in accordance with organizational policy of electronic and hardcopy files;
- Keeps the regional office operational at all times (if applicable);:
- Supporting conflict sensitive programming where applicable;
- Compiling specific reports asked for by RMO;
- Timely submits invoices to the RMO’s administrative and finance staff in Sana’a;
- Performs other duties and tasks requested by the RMO management;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor Degree in relevant subjects (e.g. social science, political science, conflict or risk management).
- Security related courses and trainings
- Security Background at mid management level (at least 3-years of experience).
- Crisis management and contingency planning
- Design and delivery of security related trainings
- Report writing and analysis.
- Crises Management Experience
- Originally from and living in Hadhramout governorate would be considered an asset.
- Security related courses will be added advantage.
- Training Experience (travel procedures, 1st aid, MEDEVAC and emergency drills).
- Very good knowledge of ITC technologies (office communication, computer, radio, satellite, phone, inter-/intranet).
- MS Excel professionalism is an asset.
- Use of interactive mapping programs and mapping skills would be considered an asset
- English language skills (proficiency speaking, presenting, writing, and reporting)
- Knowledge of and strong networking with peer organizations such as IOs and INGOs.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Ability to cooperate with development, cooperation and humanitarian organization working environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of development/humanitarian work.
- Team spirit and gender friendliness
- Willingness to work after working hours and travel within the region as well as internationally
- Discretion and dedication.
- Stress management.
- Flexibility as overall situation within area of responsibility is subject to change without prior notice.
- Holds valid driving license.
Please write the full subject title as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject title: “Risk Management Advisor Hadhramout - RMO - applicant name”
Please note that only applications mentioning the full title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 19.10.2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.