Ended Emergency Officer
Duty Station [Mocha]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Carrying out Field level assessments and registration activities with taking in consideration selection criteria.
- Ensuring quality of assessments, registration, data collection and up-to-date updating on new IDPs figures.
- Taking lead of implementing MPCA, Shelter, NFI and RRM activities and any other emergency activities.
- Ensures quality of implementation, planning, coordination with stakeholders, lists reconciliation and distributions on field.
- Coordination with MEAL and IM for verification and data reconciliation; and with supply chains for procurement and logistics;
- Conducting beneficiaries’ assessments and support on beneficiaries’ identification through the application of standardized tools and criteria;
- Developing distribution plans and distribution mechanism;
- Supports in Reconciliation of beneficiaries’ lists in terms of registered Vs. distributed Vs. received as required.
- Supervises and supports MPCA, Shelter, NFIs and RRM distributions.
- In liaison with the Finance department, make sure that an accurate record of all transactions is kept
- Supports in external coordination (including with Financial Service Providers FSPs, community leaders and donors) and internal coordination with other DRC programs and departments
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use.
- Ensure filing adheres to internal protocols and is regularly maintained.
- Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as well as submits IPTT on monthly basis.
- Representing DRC among targeted communities the best possible way and according DRC’s guidelines/Code of Conduct.
- Ensures process of issuing of SIFs is going correctly.
- Completes missing data and correct any inconsistent information.
- Any other duties assigned by ER Specialist.
All DRC roles required core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Experience and technical competencies:
- A Bachelor in any humanitarian field or any other relevant degree.
- Three year of relevant work experience is preferred, previous working in Cash, Shelter, NFI and RRM distributions is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (Excel & Word).
- Good accounting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge in English language is preferable.
- Experience in negotiating access for humanitarian or other agencies
- English – basic
- Arabic – Fluent in Arabic/Local dailect
- Local authorities.
- Community leaders & representatives.
- DRC teams.
- Field level humanitarian staff.
- Service Provider.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract that ends on August 31, 2021 renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place Mocha
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (NMH2).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact: email@example.com
Applications close October 19, 2020.
Interviews will be conducted on Rolling Basis, and due to the urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo