Ended Quality Assurance Assistant – Information Management
Quality Assurance Assistant – Information Management
Duty Station [Aden -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
this non-managerial position is under the overall guidance of the QA Team Leader – IM. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with focus on ensuring the effective day-to-day data collection, entry, archiving and cleaning of DRC’s activities in the assigned locations. S/he will cross-check the received data from the field in the daily basis and liaise with the field staff in case for incomplete information as well as handle the data entry process in the daily basis using web interface or any proper platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of IM tools and train DRC/partner staff on the use of these tools.
- Assist in the recruitment process of data entrants (casual) and follow up on their contracts, attendance, payments.
- Cross-check the received data from the field in the daily basis and liaise with the field staff in case for incomplete information, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies.
- Conduct and oversee the data entry process in the daily basis using web interface or any other platforms and ensure the security of all shared information.
- Assist in cleaning, organizing and storing the documents related to data registered in designated database.
- Assist the QA team when needed in preparation of documents, presentations, spreadsheets, visualizations, reports etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Team Leader/Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of one-year experience in the similar job with national/international NGOs/UN.
- Well knowledge of MS utilities (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and writing reports.
- Ability to write reports in both Arabic and English.
- Flexibility in carrying out tasks.
- Good listener with clear communications.
- Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- High school certificate. Preferably, bachelor’s degree in social science, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science or related field.
- Arabic (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a Three months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close October 21, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo