Ended Community Center Activity Coordinator (2)
Position: Community Center Activity Coordinator
Job site: 2 posts: Taiz City (1 post) and Al-Turba (1 post)
Reports to: Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager
Supervisor of: CC staff (guards, receptionist, cleaner) + coordination with Protection ACs and technical teams working in the CC.
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager and the Assistant Project Manager, the Community Center (CC) Coordinator is responsible for the correct and efficient management of the CC in the assigned area and for the overall coordination of the projects’ activities operating in the center, according to relevant principles and best practice standards.
Provide ongoing oversight, leadership, and guidance to the teams and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries accessing the services and project staff.
Project Management and Technical Facilitation:
- Ensure proper management of the CC and ensure all arrangements are taken for activities to be carried out in the center.
- Coordinate with Protection Activity Coordinators to ensure monthly & weekly work plan are shared and implemented for proper implementation of activities within the center.
- Coordinate with sub-office Logistician to guarantee proper functioning of the CC in terms of supplies, cleaning materials, storage capacity, etc.
- Organize weekly/monthly meetings to plan activities with the Protection ACs and the projects’ teams, as well as regular meetings with CC support staff and logistics.
- Flag programmatic, operational and technical constraints to the Project Manager and the Assistant Project Manager in a timely manner and provide suitable solutions.
- Ensure a proper, clean and safe (including in terms of protection of data/confidentiality) environment for beneficiaries’ and staff.
Human Resources management:
- Assist the hiring of all staff, collaborating with the Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant and participating in interviews, ensure that there is no gap in staffing.
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring timely submission of documentation to HR and leave management.
- Ensure day to day supervision of admin and support staff operating in the CC.
- Train staff on INTERSOS procedures and ensure full understanding of the project scope and goals.
- Ensure the team in the respective sectors are working effectively together, mitigate in case of tensions and conflict and report immediately on HR related issues.
- In coordination with the Protection ACs, ensure that a weekly expenditure planning is prepared and timely delivered to the Project Manager including expected costs for:
- Office running costs of the center (cleaning services and material, stationary, maintenance, equipment, IT, security, Human resources etc.).
- Cost to deliver/implement activities
- Manage responsibly the petty cash.
- Ensure that all other relevant administrative & financial documentation (purchase requests, receipts) is completed accurately as required.
- Take responsibility for the proper running of the CC and support the Logistics department and the Project Manager with all procurement related to the Project.
- Send Stock Requests in timely manner, ensure well tracking of stock released and frequent reconciliation with logistics.
- Stock follow-up and alert in timely manner about estimated quantity needed.
- Assist the Logistics department in keeping all field bases functional and flag operational constraints in a timely manner.
- Support and coordinate with Protection ACs in arranging the team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources.
- Share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions.
- Ensure CC is a safe environment, all anti COVID-19 measures are in place and rooms are kept clean and proper at all times.
- Strengthen and ensure communication/coordination among the projects’ teams, ensuring that there is a comprehensive link and mainstream between the different project components.
- Participate in monthly coordination meetings for INTERSOS different projects.
- Meet with other INTERSOS projects staff as required: conduct punctual meetings for sharing ideas, priorities with projects’ teams’ members.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partners by liaising and collaborating with other INGOs and LNGOs when required.
- Take part, when requested by the supervisors, at the (monthly) coordination meetings with other organizations and stakeholders.
- Promptly report to and coordinate with the Project Manager and the Logistic (if relevant) any security issue at the CC and any other case of special need, through all the communication means at disposal.
- Provide qualitative & timely monthly reports to the Project Manager giving a comprehensive overview of the CC activities indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, indicating issues related to HR, and refer to next month’s planning, etc.
- Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objective.
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as base manager or similar role;
- Familiarity with protection programmes (case management, legal services, cash assistance);
- Experience with representation at the area level;
- Experience in team management, supervision of team and motivation of team;
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines.
- Flexibility in working hours with a solution-oriented approach.
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility;
- Experience in unconditional cash assistance programming;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented. Practical and problem-solver;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment and with heavy work pressure;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)