Ended Livelihood Activity Coordinator
National Staff Position
Position: Livelihood Activity Coordinator
Job site: Taiz (1 post based in Taiz City or Al-Turba)
Report to: Livelihoods Officer, Project Managers
Supervises: Not Applicable
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
The Livelihoods AC will be responsible to support the implementation of the livelihood component of the project, including monitoring and reporting of all the activities related to the Economic Recovery and Market Systems (ERMS) sector.
- Ensure the implementation of the livelihoods component of the programme against annual work-plan, targets, time-plans and result indicators;
- Develop internal monitoring and operational plans that help programme implementation;
- Monitor field-based implementation of programme activities, including providing guidance to area-based staff on how to monitor the training and the participants’ level progress.
- Monitor programme implementation of partners (CBOs) in accordance with agreements, work-plans, deliverables, and timelines.
- Oversee the implementation of livelihood-related components through regular visits.
- Ensure the quality of the toolkits used for the training and those will be distributed to the participants after completion of the training.
- Under the supervision of the Livelihoods Officer, collect context information/data related to livelihoods, analyze it and produce reports.
- Develop new livelihood initiatives that are in line with the programme strategy for using livelihoods to strengthen social cohesion.
- Build the Capacity of the Partners (CBOs) in the Early Recovery Market Systems/Livelihoods sector.
- Provide a weekly and monthly report about the progress of each training.
- Any other task not here listed and necessary to the projects achievement in the sector and area of assignment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or similar fields is high desirable;
- Proven prior experience as livelihood officer or in a similar position.
- Excellent English skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent communication skills with different population groups (age, gender, social status, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Aadherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management.
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)