Ended GBV Activity Coordinator (2)
National Staff Position
Position: GBV Activity Coordinator
Job site: 2 posts: Taiz City (1 post) and Al-Turba (1 post)
Reports to: Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant and Protection Officer
Supervisor of: Case Management Supervisor, Social Workers, Community Outreach Volunteers, Psychiatrist, Psychologist and Lawyer (supervision shared with PWSN and GBV ACs), Data Entry/Reporting Officer.
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager, the GBV Activity Coordinator is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of the GBV-related activities in the assigned area and for the overall supervision of the GBV team according to relevant principles and minimum standards.
Provide ongoing oversight, leadership, and guidance to the staff teams to ensure that the projects meet high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
Project Management and Technical Facilitation:
- Responsible for the GBV activities implementation in the area of reference; this includes activities run in the CC but also monitoring of activities in the wider area of implementation (HFs, IDP sites) and through partner CBOs.
- Ensure operationalization of GBV sub cluster standard guidelines and practices;
- Make frequent monitoring visits and oversees quality implementation of set mechanisms;
- Coordinate with Protection Coordinator and Project Manager in managing the GBV team’s activities, the quality and the achievement of targets;
- Supervise the Community Outreach activities (home visits, awareness sessions…), ensuring the engagement of the beneficiaries in the planning of the activities;
- Support the staff teams through the development of a technically sound (monthly & weekly) work plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the project.
- Coordinate with other Protection Activity Coordinator (CP, PWSN) and CC Coordinator in terms of work-plan and logistics arrangements for activities implementation within the CC.
- Coordinate with the Cash Distribution Officer to ensure field teams are providing required beneficiary lists for cash assistance, and that the process is smooth and transparent;
- Ensure the referral mechanism system active and updated is known by the teams, properly applied and monitored. And supervise to the correct and timely implementation of all field activities and referral mechanism (in accordance with SoPs, if applicable), providing guidance on individual case management and organizing assistance/referral for emergency cases.
- Strengthen and ensure communication / coordination among the projects’ teams, ensuring that there is a comprehensive link and mainstream between the different project components.
- Flag programmatic, operational and technical constraints to the Project Manager and the Project Manager Assistant in a timely manner and provide suitable solutions.
Human Resources management:
- Identify GBV staff training based on direct supervision of team and required adjustments;
- Assist the hiring of all GBV staff, collaborating with the Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant and participating in interviews, ensure that there is no gap in staffing;
- Follow HR procedures for all GBV staff, ensuring timely submission of documentation to HR and leave management;
- Ensure the team in the respective area are working effectively together, mitigate in case of tensions and conflict and report immediately on HR related issues;
- Provide weekly Liquidity Plans to the Project Manager, in accordance with project budget and needs;
- Take responsibility for the spending of cash and the clearance of pending expenses with the administration office;
- Coordinate with CC Coordinator to send Stock Requests in timely manner, ensure well tracking of stock released and frequent reconciliation with logistics.
- Coordinate with CC Coordinator for stock follow-up and alert in timely manner about estimated quantity needed.
- Flag operational constraints in a timely manner to CC Coordinator, Project Manager and logistics.
- Coordinate the team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources.
- Share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions, including with CC coordinator.
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection and other relevant topics on behalf of INTERSOS;
- Coordinates GBV-Protection operations in the area and liaise with all relevant district Protection stakeholders;
- Provide input to external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Ensure regular internal meetings with field staff and volunteers in order to organize and plan activities, listen to their feedback, inform them of ongoing activities or changes, and track project indicators;
- Coordinates with Reporting Officer to ensure accurate and precise data collection through the GBVIMs. Guarantee consistency of the data to allow for smooth reporting mechanisms, according to INTERSOS data collection formats;
- Provide qualitative & timely monthly reports to the Project Manager giving a comprehensive overview of the achievements and targets reached per activity (activity implementation progress) conducted, indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, indicating issues related to HR, and refer to next month’s planning, etc.
- Redact timely reports, including GBV trend analysis and specific assessment, as required by the Project Manager.
- Fill and review GBV related reporting (i.e. Intake Form and GBVIMS database), including the safe and confidential data management.
- Promptly report to and coordinate with the Project Manager, CC Coordinator and the Logistic (if relevant) any security issue at the CC and any other case of special need of GBV survivors, through all the communication means at disposal.
- Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objective;
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in case management related issues (as reporting officer or as protection officer), especially for GBV issues;
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, terminology
- Technical knowledge and experience in implementing child protection in emergency interventions including psychosocial support, community based protection, protection referral mechanisms;
- Experience in team management, supervision of team and motivation of team;
- Familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures;
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with representation at the area level;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines;
- Flexibility in working hours with a solution-oriented approach;
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility;
- Experience in unconditional cash assistance programming;
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)