Ended Child Protection Case Management Supervisor
National Staff Position
Position: Child Protection Case Management Supervisor
Job Site: Taiz City (1 post)
Reports to: Child Protection Activity Coordinator and Protection Coordinator
Supervise: Social workers, Community Outreach Volunteers, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Lawyer
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
Child Protection Case Management Supervisor will work closely with AC, SWs, Psychologist, Psychiatrist and lawyers and Volunteers to ensure that all protection activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency.
Activities include supporting identified children through the provision of individual support and case management, psychosocial/psychological support and referral. CP CMS has to facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, SWs and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the assistance provided. CP CMS role shall contribute to strengthening of the child protection system defined by INTERSOS project in terms of referral pathway and case management.
CP CMS should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm, non-discrimination and best interest of the child. The CMS is responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of vulnerable children cases by the social workers.
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management (CM) for children in the intervention location (CC, CFSs) in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project staff and partners on case management and child protection services particularly on difficult cases; increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence of staff.
- Ensure that all urgent and critical children cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- In collaboration with the line manager, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Ensure close coordination and regular meetings with CP Activity Coordinator but also Protection Coordinators to discuss cases in depth to ensure timely and effective provision of assistance to protection cases.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers in the target areas for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Contribute to the monthly update of service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Proactively participate in protection and relevant INTERSOS coordination meetings at the national, regional and district level.
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences.
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings.
- Organize CM meetings with CP service providers when needed.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure that all cases are filed and information is reported in accurate detailed about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken, and all cases files are systematically completed and archived.
- Ensure all data is systematically completed and archived, plus accurate reporting of activities.
- Assist Activity Coordinator to prepare weekly and monthly reporting (include Cash assistance list on monthly basis, and report immediately critical /urgent protection cases needed).
- Take regular samples of intake and assessment forms to check the quality of the case management records (Case Management auditing and shared findings with protection officer, Protection coordinator).
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Provide written feedback about protection incidents and issues.
- Commit to participate in any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objectives.
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social services or social sciences
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for WAR, CP and PwSN.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)