Ended Community Center Receptionist (2)
National Staff Position
Position: Community Center Receptionist
Job site: Taiz City (2 posts)
Report to: CC Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for community center, registering visitors in logbook, providing basic information on services, organize/schedule appointment for visitors at the CC in coordination/consultation with the CC coordinator and the Protection Activity Coordinators (PWSN, CP, GBV).
- Receiving beneficiaries at the front desk of CC by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately – keeping visitors’ logbook.
- Registering new comers and scheduling appointments for them for direct service delivery
- Providing basic information about INTERSOS services
- Based on basic info collection conduct a quick screening for the cases for categorizing, filtering and referring to social workers for social assessment and case identification.
- Direct and accompany the cases to the concerned SW or specialists (lawyer, psychologist, psychiatrist).
- Ensure that all urgent cases are detected and ensure they are being referred directly to the line manager for assessment for possible immediate intervention.
- Inform visitors about INTERSOS complaints and response mechanism and its hotline services – providing numbers to be called.
- Ensure the reception area is a clean, quiet and well organised area.
- Any other tasks not listed here but required for the implementation of the daily activities.
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences.
- At least 1 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, terminology.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- Native Arabic – good written and spoken English.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks.
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Practical and problem-solver.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)