Ended Data Entry (5)
National Staff Position
Position: Data Entry (different sectors: WASH, Protection, Nutrition)
Job site: Taiz City (5 posts: 1 WASH, 3 Protection, 1 Nutrition)
Report to: Nutrition Activity Coordinator
Supervisors of: N/A
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
- Collate and managed databases professionally: data collection/cleaning from the team, insertion and, data processing.
- Support to the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager and relevant sectors Activity Coordinators with timely weekly, monthly, mid-yearly and yearly reports and trend analysis: data, statistics, graphics and table should be produced, as required by INTERSOS management;
- Conduct field visits to review data, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output.
- Support the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager and relevant sectors Activity Coordinators with the compilation of the Quick Impact Project monitoring reports, and other type of external reporting.
- Support with translation of documents related to the activities implementation, when requested.
- Support MEAL department in conducting beneficiary and community satisfaction surveys on a random sample of patients visiting the mobile clinics location through FGDs in order to collect feedback on the services delivered.
- Support the Cash Distribution Officer in recording the cash and/or material assistance provided by INTERSOS and ensure a regular analysis of this data.
- Put in place data storage and back-up system (in collaboration with IT) and ensure data/info is safely stored and kept confidential.
- Education: University degree in information management or any other related fields;
- Relevant professional experience of no less than 2 years in similar positions;
- Prior experience in working and/or coordinating with other NGOs;
- Work experience in WASH/Protection/Health projects (according to sector of interest as 5 posts are advertised for different sectors) is preferable.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel;
- Familiarity with Smart Tools for Data Collection (KoBo, ODK, etc.);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English;
- Excellent analytical skills and observation capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)