National Consultancy Position
Job site: Taiz City (1 post)
Reports to: Protection Coordinator and CC Activity Coordinator
Status: National Consultant
Coordinates with: CP, GBV and PWSN Activities Coordinator, Case Management Supervisors and Social Workers.
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
The Psychiatrist will be responsible to provide consultation to beneficiaries referred internally by INTERSOS psychologist, on a case-by-case basis. S/he will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate diagnosis of the case;
- Providing mental health care treatment, intended mainly as psychotherapy, for adults, adolescents and children; pharmacological treatment can be provided if strictly necessary.
- Providing individual, family and group counselling;
- Adopting recognized and accepted therapeutic techniques in consideration of local cultural contexts;
- Developing in community-based psycho-social or trauma focused programs according to the needs of beneficiaries.
General duties and responsibilities:
- To propose, implement and improve treatment for beneficiaries with mental conditions, with strategies and tools adapted to the context and culture;
- To provide comprehensive individualised assessment of the beneficiary to ensure holistic care planning;
- To ensure that the integrated medical-psychological-social approach is in place;
- To ensure continuity, safety and quality of service for beneficiaries is maintained;
- To ensure the data protection standards;
- To write technical reports on the referral cases;
- To support project staff in terms mental health/psychosocial support activities;
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Graduation in Medicines, specialization/diploma in Psychiatry.
- Experience as a psychiatrist (with required license) with a range of psychotherapeutic methods/approaches such as systemic, cognitive-behavioural, psycho-dynamic, client centred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification experience in clinical care to adults/children.
- Professional experience in mental health issues associated with the following areas:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sexual violence
- Conflict-related trauma
- Experience of working with specific most vulnerable and marginalized groups (survivors of sexual violence, victims of urban violence, IDPs, minorities, migrants, etc.)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Preferred previous experience in working in mental health programs with International and/or national organizations operating in protection in emergencies.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Ability to maintain accurate, clear and updated records.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Willing to comply with all relevant INTERSOS policies and procedures;
- Native Arabic; English not required but would be an asset;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2020;
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)