Ended Emergency Operation Center Operators (2)
Job Title: Emergency Operation Center Operators ( 2 )
Classification Level: Grade -C4
Organizational Unit : Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) HQ
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Executive Director
Technical Manager’s Title : DM Coordinator
Duty Station: HQ
Duration of Assignment: Initially 12 Months
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
EOC Operators oversees specialized communications work involving responsibility for the receipt, analysis, and coordination of emergency warning and operational response, recovery, and support information within the HQ- Emergency Operations Center.
Job duties and responsibilities NOT ALL INCLUSIVE
- Supervises a staff of emergency management specialists engaged in the development, coordination, and promotion of emergency management programs, such as planning, response, and recovery, training, and education.
- Supervises the development, interpretation, and implementation of program procedures, guidelines, and materials.
- Develops and implements organizational and operational policies and procedures for assigned emergency management programs, including effective integration within federal and territorial guidelines and requirements.
- Promotes the establishment and effective operation of emergency management activities within the Yemen Governorates.
- Assists in the performance of disaster relief activities in response to emergencies.
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, and other official publications of emergency management program activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's degree with experience in the development, coordination, and promotion of emergency-related programs, such as disaster relief, public safety, and emergency management in government, industry, education
Associate 's degree and two (2) years' experience in the development, coordination, and promotion of emergency-related programs, such as disaster relief, public safety, and emergency management in government, industry, education;
High School 's diploma and four (4) years' experience in the development, coordination, and promotion of emergency-related programs, such as disaster relief, public safety, and emergency management in government, industry, education.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
As this position is located in YRCS, the candidate must be available during irregular hours and under less than desirable conditions to support the YRCS mission during an emergency or disaster. This service may require work at locations other than the official duty station and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description during emergencies or disasters
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, practices, and techniques of emergency management organization and operations.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of program planning, organization, and administration.
- Knowledge of the processes and techniques of emergency operations planning and development of training programs related to emergency management.
- Skilled in computer applications, such as the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Skilled in using general office equipment, such as telephones, fax machines, printers, copiers, calculators, and computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in all areas of YRCS.
- Ability to keep cool in the face of multiple problems, and be willing to reassess and reorganize when traditional solutions aren't working.
- Ability to exhibit professional maturity when conducting all business for the YRCS.
- Ability to learn, plan, and supervise the activities of a staff of emergency management specialists and administrative employees.
- Ability to learn to evaluate employee performance and to prepare employee Performance Evaluation Reports.
- Ability to evaluate administrative methods and procedures and to effectively recommend improvement and refinements.
- Ability to analyze a broad range of emergency management issues and recommend appropriate plans and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies and to function for extended periods under stressful conditions.
- This position reports directly to the Executive Director and DMC at HQ on all activities. The employee independently develops and implements organizational and operational policies.
Job performance will be reviewed annually/semi-annually by the Executive Director and DMC, using a performance appraisal process and forms following departmental standard operating procedures, regulations, and as detailed in the personnel handbook.
- Work is performed following YRCS standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- The employee monitors the communication being exchanged at the EOC to ascertain that calls are being handled and processed in a timely and effective manner. He is responsible for ensuring continual coverage for this 24/7 operation.
- Responsible to ensure the dissemination of accurate and timely information regarding early warning and operational response activities in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). This work contributes to the assurance of emergency response as needed.
- This position requires interaction and contact with employees of all levels within the YRCS, as well as outside YRCS; utilizing telephone, email, fax, and/or in-person contact.
- Contacts are made to gather information, to resolve difficulties, and manage or control the word performed in the EOC.
- Work is performed in an office setting with some disagreeable conditions.
- Red Cross Red Crescent work experience, including disaster management work experience with I/NGOs.
In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter & CVs in English and Arabic to below email
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”