Ended Proposal and Report Writer
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
The Proposal and Report Writer will work closely with Funding, Programmes and Finance colleagues to: a) identify, assess and track new project funding opportunities in line with the Country Operating Plan and Oxfam Country Strategy b) coordinate the project design and proposal writing process for suitable funding opportunities from a range of institutional and non-institutional funding sources; assigning roles and responsibilities for key inputs, managing timelines and guiding the country team in meeting donor expectations c) ensure project proposals, concept notes and expressions of interest are signed off and submitted in a high quality, timely manner, and d) facilitate the capacity building of programme and other staff in quality proposal development.
What we are looking for
- Coordinate the programme design, development and submission of high quality project proposals, concept notes and expressions of interest to donors and affiliates, designating clear roles and responsibilities and ensuring inputs from key technical and field teams
- Quality check proposal submissions for language, grammar and narrative flow and cross-check narrative and budget documents for consistency and coherence
- Working with the Business Development and Funding Manager, DCD and all Programme Team Lead (PMs and Technical Leads) to respond timely on any query raised related to any submitted proposal. This include tracking for feedback whenever assigned by the BDM.
- Support the Business Development & Funding Manager to identify and secure funding from a diverse range of institutional, private, foundation and in-country donor sources
- Coordinate closely with the Business Development Manager & Funding Manager to maintain an up-to-date funding grid and pipeline analysis
- Support the country programme in ensuring that programme design is inclusive and includes a consultative, participatory and gender sensitive approach
- Support the Grant Manager with the coordination and review of quality donor reporting when required
- Working with the Business Development and Funding Manager to ensure 100% compliance with donor reporting requirement.
- Deliver Capacity building for Programme staff in the area of Proposal and report writing across the Country Program.
- Any other responsibilities to be assigned by the Line Manager from time to time in order to meet the demand and expectation of delivery results for funding team.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference with Oxfam in Yemen, to act as key contributor to the funding, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.