Ended Reproductive Health Officer
Reproductive Health officer – Based in Taiz
The RH program officer, is responsible for the manage in reproductive health projects of Save the Children's operation ( Taiz ). With support from health manager and the RH specialties, RH officer will take responsibility for directly implementing high quality reproductive health programs on time and on budget.
Design and participate in required assessments for reproductive health. Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing reproductive health program strategies Contribute to proposal development in area of health in general and reproductive health specifically.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Reproductive Health Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the implementation of high-quality RH program activities in line with grant agreements and with SC technical requirements
- Monitor progress of RH activities against planned achievements, outcomes and impact; evaluate the continued relevance and appropriateness of the intervention
- Manage RH budget lines for program activities and ensure appropriate spend. Ensure that the RH progress reports and relevant donor reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions
- Plan and implement FP activities ensuring that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified
- Identify and ensure the timely supply of technical inputs as required for program delivery
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are properly resourced.
- Provide technical and managerial guidance and support for all field sites and RH officer.
- Identify issues that need timely action and support from other departments or other offices within SC
- Provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidelines and materials for SC and partner staff.
- Oversee partner activities ensuring regular monitoring visits and timely feedback and follow up on financial and narrative reports.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree on reproductive health / or medical science, public health back ground and 2+ years management experience of running complex multi grant programs, both in emergency and normal circumstances.
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of reproductive health programming.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to maternal health.
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
“We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
To apply for this job please click on Reproductive Health Officer