Cashier - Sana’a
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Adherence to ACTED’s financial and compliance procedures;
- Dealing with transfers and exchanges of money;
- Petty cash management;
- Supplier Checks and Bank guarantees.
- Bank relations and Follow-up
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC tool).
- Archiving finance Files and vouchers as well as the finance Server
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cashier is accountable for his safe.
- FX: Collect daily currency exchange rates;
- Vouchers & SAGA Excel: Check & file vouchers and register vouchers in the SAGA Excel.
- Payments: Prepare and process payments for items and services previously approved by the Finance officer and the Area coordinator /Country Director;
- Safe & Cash Transactions: at the end of each day, check the daily transactions and the safe to verify that balances match;
- Track bank transactions and perform cross-check with the bankbooks/Excel sheets;
- Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register the operation in the cashbook and Excel sheets;
- Money Transfer Dealing: register and exchange voucher references between Country Office and areas.
- Follow up on cash advances, making sure they are duly settled
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval of signatures, accounting codes and Budget lines.
- Perform simple translations of receipts/invoices/documents from Arabic to English.
- At the end of each month, check the balance in the cashbook and in the safe, establish the cash checking statement and have it signed by the Senior Finance officer and his/her Area Coordinator/CD, weekly check to be done with the finance officer/Area Coordinator/CD.
- Bankbook & SAGA Excel: Bankbook and SAGA Excel should be checked before closing the accounting month along with the bank statement from the bank and a bank reconciliation to be prepared;
- Vouchers: Performing a Bi-weekly check of the Archived files and vouchers, making sure documents are present and complete.
- SAGA Excel: SAGA should be printed, checked and signed before closing the accounting month;
- Following up with compliance on samples selected for Audit, making sure they are returned and Filled correctly in their respective folders.
- Advances: ensure all advances for the staff are closed before Mid and final Year closures.
- Debt recognition: Prepare and get the Monthly Debt recognition signed for open advances.
- Follow-up with the bases to ensure the monthly accounting files are sent to the capital office on time and are filled out correctly (Red cell game).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant subject.
- Minimum working experience: 2 Years in the Financial INGO Sector.
- proficiency in Excel functions and formulas.
- Fluency in Arabic and good command of English are required.
- Professional Computer Knowledge.
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff across all the organisation’s.
- Applicants should have the capacity to work efficiently under pressure and to manage a heavy workload.
- Ability in time-sensitive prioritization.
- Knowledge of SAGA and/or other Financial Tools of advantage.
- Applicants should be willing to work as part of a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
- Good work ethics with little supervision.
- Good team player.
- Willing to work extra hours if needed.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Cashier - Sanaa”.
- Candidates must rename CV & cover letter: (First & Surname + Cashier).
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification