Reports to: MEAL Manager/Project Manager.
About The Organization:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Effective implementations of MEAL policies and strategies, as well as efficient organization and coordination of the MEAL process, enhance the organization’s capacity and credibility in implementation of highly effective programs with strong impact.
Apart from main tasks and as part of teamwork and integration, it is essential that MEAL Officer diligently contributes to organize, coordinate, facilitate and conduct programs, activities, meetings and events. It is envisaged that the MEAL Officer will work closely with the Project Manager and MEAL Manager who are responsible for reporting and data tracking.
- Develop projects Indicator trackers and MEAL plans in cooperation with project manager.
- Ensure regular follow-up and progress reporting on project indicator trackers and MEAL plans to the project manager/MEAL manager.
- Support the programs to monitor the progress and effect of the funded projects and their coherence with the agreements. In addition, assist the team work develop evaluation plans.
- Developing and creating of internal monitoring, assessment and reporting templates as well as regular admin forms and applications.
- Responsible for overall efforts that lead to issuance of solid annual reports and progress reports.
- Analyze lessons learned for quality and accountability.
- Promote monitoring, evaluations and audits as means of guiding.
- Propose and facilitate reviews/evaluations.
- Collaborate and coordinate with donors, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Use different qualitative and quantitate methods of data collection including structured/ semi structured interviews, key informant interviews, in-depth interviews, group discussions, focus group discussions and direct observations as MEAL tools.
- Develop and use key qualitative tools (observation checklists, guide for group discussion and interviews) for monitoring purposes.
- Engage with communities on accountability and conduct community consultations.
- Design simple and complex questionnaire using XLS or form builder (Kobo form builder, ONA form builder, etc.)
- Conduct of qualitative and quantitative data analysis using appropriate software
- Contribute to the preparation of project evaluation and supervise field level activities.
- Communicate clearly the findings of monitoring activities and reviews against targets set by the project.
- Provide a monthly performance report of the progress of project to the project manager/MEAL manager.
- Adhere to key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC CAAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of projects activities
- Lead Pre- and post-distribution monitoring for project if any.
- Supervise feedback and complaints mechanism log, analysis and verification process, reporting and follow up cases until they are closed.
- Assist in verification of data and complaints and provide advice.
- Liaise with program and project staff to monitor and evaluate the defined objectives and specific organization success indicators and targets.
- Provide support/guidance to the organization team work in the identification of monitoring methodologies and identify good practices.
- Provide support/guidance to the organization team work in monitoring and reporting responsibilities ensuring coherence with reporting requirements.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by the project manager/MEAL manager.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Managing conflict and creating synergies through self-control
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule to meet management requirements and donors’ needs and deadlines
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets; manage investments; manage transactions; and conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Strong training facilitator/presentation skills
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Biostatistics, Social Work/Social Sciences and strong data analysis training.
- At least two years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation works.
- Strong data analysis skill. The use of SPSS is advantage
- Experience with mobile data collection platform and tool such as Ona, KoboToolBox, ODK.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and conducting surveys.
- Experience in writing quality reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Team work and Management skills.
- Excellent English skills (verbal and writing).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com, by 29 Oct 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.