Terms of Reference
Reports to: MEAL officer/ Project Manager.
About The Organization:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Field Monitor will be responsible for monitoring and supervising all project activities in the targeted districts through monitoring the health workers, Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), social mobilizers and community-based workers. He\ She will work under direct supervision of the MEAL Officer to whom regular reports and certain data should be submitted. The Field Monitor will represent the organization and actively participate in the coordination processes with local Authorities, DHO, local representative and other stakeholders at the sub-district level.
- Conduct field monitoring visits as required using a standardized monitoring and evaluation checklists to assess the overall progress of the project.
- Handling the complaints and ensure in coordination with the field MEAL Officer that the complaints are followed up and resolved by the project team or the concerned staff.
- Assist in verifying and submitting the figures shared from the provision sites on monthly basis.
- Participate in data collection for different types of assessments (Need assessments, baseline/end-line surveys, PDMs, KAP studies…etc.) and ensure all of the data enumerators are well trained on the tools used.
- Review and revise all forms documents and registry lists on regular basis and assist the field MEAL Officer in preparing the A comprehensive report from the figures collected.
- Follow up and review monthly progress reports of all targeted health facilities and enter the data to the system.
- Prepare all of the means of verifications for each indicator throughout the project cycle and provide them as requested.
- Assist in data analysis as required from the MEAL department.
- Assist project staff in any related duties
- Any other responsibilities required by MEAL officer.
Qualification, skills & Experience:
- Health-related university qualification is required.
- Relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Work experience in health projects is preferable.
- Familiar with data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Good organizational Skills.
- Skills related to participatory research methods.
- MS Office and computer literacy.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to take high quality pictures is an added advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 29 Oct 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line and the city you are applying for. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.