Support Services Team Leader (Re-advertised)
Support Services Team Leader (Re-advertised)
Duty Station [Mocha-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
Overall purpose of the role
• Ensure full compliance with DRC’s operations handbook on finance, administration and HR.
• Oversee and manage the finance, administration, and HR departments.
• Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures.
Geographic scope: Base (Mocha)
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
About the job
Duties and Responsibilities
• Line manage Finance, Administrative and HR staff, and matrix manage/provide technical support to finance, Administrative and HR staff in other offices.
• Responsible for maintenance of a Master Budget
• Ensure Support and a thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
• Oversee efficient Human Resource management of both DRC contracted employees and incentive-based workers
• Prepare Support program and support budgets in collaboration with relevant program managers
• Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulations
• Prepare Support the preparation of financial reports for donors, and check compliance with donor financial reporting requirements
• Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements
• Oversee staff training and promotion
• Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning.
• Act as DRC Code of Conduct focal point, including training and implementation
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
• Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
• Hiring and termination of employees and conducting performance appraisals (closely overseen by the next-level manager)
To be successful in this role you must have:
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a similar level
• Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
• Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
• Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
• Experience of working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, USAid, DFAT, SDC)
• Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Associate degree in a Finance/Administration/IT/Social Science field any other relevant field of study) (bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- English - Fluent, reading and writing
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One-year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Mocha with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (G).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close October 28, 2020. “Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we (DRC) reserve the rights to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we receive sufficient application”.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo