Ended Office Maintenance Officer
Office Maintenance Officer
FSC #: IHAY/2019/xxxxx
Length of Time: 12 Months (With possible extension)
Location: Aden with frequent and extended travels to Mokha, Dhubab, Khokha and other FHI 360 operational locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 has been responding to the humanitarian crisis along the Western Coast of Yemen since 2018. Through an integrated health, nutrition, and WASH program, FHI 360 has to date supported six static health facilities, including rehabilitation of two that were non-functional since the conflict broke out, and one mobile health team. Under the IHAY program, these facilities have provided more than 90,000 health consultations to beneficiaries. In 2020, FHI 360 trained a cadre of Community Health Volunteers to reach additional populations. Furthermore, since January 2020, FHI 360 has served as the NGO co-lead for the Aden Sub-Health Cluster. With a country office in Aden and a field office in Al Mokha, FHI 360 has a staff of over 30 expatriate and national staff. FHI 360 renewed its Prime Agreement with MoPIC in March 2020, valid for another two years, and operates programming with a valid signed sub-agreement and MOUs in compliance with the Government of Yemen.
Provides various office services support for the assigned unit(s)/division in a country office. Performs basic processes and procedures to accomplish tasks and receives close supervision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintains working condition of all offices and guesthouses (WASH, electricity, doors and windows, etc.)
- Assist in recruitment and training maintenance people at the health facilities and offices of FHI360 assigned;
- Assists with mail and freight services, both domestic and international, and general site operations support.
- Maintains inventory levels of office supply cabinets, assuring order, and accessibility.
- Maintains cleanliness of the office environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established procedures and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher level.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Experience in a similar job – ideally in an office setting
- Good physical conditions;
- Able to work standing for extended number of hours
- 0-3 years of related office administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience with office administrative procedures, standards and equipment.
- Read, write and speak English; fluent in host country language required.
75 % - periodic visits to FHI 360’s locations
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
Please Name your CV file with your name, and don’t send more than one time; otherwise it won’t be taken into consideration
Don’t attach any other documents; such as, certificates, photo….etc, only CV and cover letter
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) email@example.com by 21st Oct 2020