Ended Health and Nutrition Officer
Health & Nutrition Officer
FSC #: IHAY/2019/xxxxx
Length of Time: 12 Months (With possible extension)
Location: Aden with frequent and extended travels to FHI 360 operational locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 has been responding to the humanitarian crisis along the Western Coast of Yemen since 2018. Through an integrated health, nutrition, and WASH program, FHI 360 has to date supported six static health facilities, including rehabilitation of two that were non-functional since the conflict broke out, and one mobile health team. Under the IHAY program, these facilities have provided more than 90,000 health consultations to beneficiaries. In 2020, FHI 360 trained a cadre of Community Health Volunteers to reach additional populations. Furthermore, since January 2020, FHI 360 has served as the NGO co-lead for the Aden Sub-Health Cluster. With a country office in Aden and a field office in Al Mokha, FHI 360 has a staff of over 30 expatriate and national staff. FHI 360 renewed its Prime Agreement with MoPIC in March 2020, valid for another two years, and operates programming with a valid signed sub-agreement and MOUs in compliance with the Government of Yemen.
Under supervision of the Health and Nutrition Coordinator, the Health & Nutrition Officer is responsible for supporting all start-up and continuing health activities in FHI 360 operational governorates and districts. S/He will be responsible for and ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate international and national (Yemen Ministry of Health) technical standards and guidelines are technically sound.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Work closely with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator to achieve program objectives and targets effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure that FHI 360 new program in health facilities and communities is implemented in time; within budget and according to national and international standards. Also ensure diagnosis and treatment of patients is based on national and international standard and guidelines
- Provide continuous remote and field-based assistance to the program in Mokha, along side the Nutrition officer and health facility staffs.
- Improve the quality of primary health care (PHC) services delivered at supported facilities, on-job training, continuous monitoring and use of specific quality improvement tools to monitor quality of activities at the field level
- Provide regular updates follow up on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project in collaboration with the Pharmaceutical officer.
- Track spending against all planned Health activities and ensure they are implemented within the budget frame and in compliance with FHI 360 and donor requirements
- Actively participate in the identification and management of any disaster or epidemics and engage with the existing RRTs in the program areas.
- Build the capacity of national staffs through proper coaching and training.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual work plans for grants
- Spend 75% of time and effort in the field for monitoring and provision of technical support to the team.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Health and Nutrition coordinator.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Participate in conducting situational analysis and other M&E activities as necessary in collaboration with the M&E Officer.
- Collect and compile project data regularly to submit to the Health and Nutrition Coordinator and M&E department including case studies, success stories and photographs of facilities and activities carried out at field level.
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking table in collaboration with the M&E.
- Ensure the quality of data through proper entry, cleaning and regular checking and use the data for action on the site in collaboration with the M&E.
- Work closely with M&E officer and assistant on monitoring and evaluation of program activities at field level, support each other on any planned surveys or assessment needed
- Engage with the DHO in selection of Health facility staffs and CHVs
- Support the Health and Nutrition Coordinator in recruitment of new staffs as needed.
- Manage attendance and performance of health facility staffs and collaborate with CHV assistants on management of CHVs
- Monitor key performance areas of health facility staffs and put in place an improvement plan when necessary in collaboration with the DHO/GHO and/or facility manager.
- Attend external meetings and ensure representations at the various Health Platforms including the Clusters.
- Liaise with MoPHP in Aden and GHOs to ensure there is adequate level of administrative support from government offices and ensure proper channels of coordination are maintained in collaboration with the Field site manager.
- Coordinate with DHO/UNICEF/WFP on nutrition supplies needed at the facility
- Any meeting assigned by the supervisor.
TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- Greater than 75% for field work.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
Please Name your CV file with your name, and don’t send more than one time; otherwise it won’t be taken into consideration
Don’t attach any other documents; such as, certificates, photo….etc, only CV and cover letter
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) email@example.com by 21 Oct 2020