Ended Senior Field Assistant
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Field Assistant
Job Opening (JO): 22440
Position Number: 10012961
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Open to: Group 1, Group 2 and External applicants
Location: Aden, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: One Year
Closing Date: 27 October 2020
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Field Assistant is normally supervised by the (Senior) Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
For G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
This is part of the Vacancy Notice. For more information about this Job Opening, eligibility criteria and procedures please follow these links: this link . Please follow the below instructions on applications for External Applicants.
Submission of applications (External Applicants)
- Interested candidates should submit their applications for this Job Opening online.
- The Applicants will need to follow this link or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies
- The Applicants will need to search for the Job Opening with its number (22440) or by using the available filters (e.g. Compendium Exercise: Local Vacancies; Country: Yemen).
- Once the Job Opening is selected, the Applicants will be directed to the Job Description page in the online application process.
- Applicants must “Sign in” or “Register” and then “Sign in”, in order to apply. They must click on “New User” for the first time they apply as an external candidate.
- Applicants begin by clicking the “Apply” button, after which the page in the next image will open. The applicant must click on “Next” in order to move ahead in the application process.
- Applicants must agree to the terms, before reaching the Letter of Interest page of the application. They must include a Letter of Interest and completed online application including personal, profile and qualifications information.
- In the “Additional Information” section all questions MUST be answered. Once all is completed, the applicant may click “Review/Submit” application. Here the candidate may preview their application and review it by section.
- By clicking on “Confirmation and Consent” the applicant will submit their application, and receive automatic notification by e-mail that the application has been submitted.
Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.
If you have questions during the on-line application, please contact HR Team well before the deadline: at email@example.com (Aden) and firstname.lastname@example.org (Sana'a).
As of 1 May 2020, UNHCR released new administrative instruction on recruitment and assignment of national staff (reference is made to the attached administrative instruction). The new administrative instruction introduced a new category of applicants for UNHCR internally advertised general services GS position (G1 to G7) which is called Group 2. It allows current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment to apply for Group 2. In case of successful application for Group 2, the candidates may apply to UNHCR internally advertised positions. Please note that internally/externally advertised positions are open to all candidates. In case of questions about Group 2 or if you have questions during the on-line application, please contact UNHCR HR Team well before the deadline: at email@example.com (Aden) and firstname.lastname@example.org (Sana'a).