Ended Admin Assistant
The Job Position: Admin Assistant (1 Person )
Duty Station: Marib.
Type of Appointment Duration: Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 2 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
Estimated Start Date: ASAP (As Soon As Possible)
Closing Date: Friday 23, Oct 2020
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.
The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist SHS management in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the SHS office and program support operations;
- Must have a clear understanding on all SHS policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all SHS programs;
- Assist management in facilitating the adherence to SHS administrative, IT, HR and Logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff. Provide training and guidance to support staff, as needed;
Other Specific Duties Include:
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, translation services, telephones, and faxes.
- Prepare duty roster for the cooks and guards; day to day supervision of property management including guards, cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
- Maintain and monitor attendance book; alert supervisors to poor attendance records of relevant staff;
- Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all SHS staff; Assist Administrative Officer in maintaining a central filing system.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required;
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet(s) – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to SHS staff and other SHS offices;
- Responsible for facilitating visas and other legal documentation for SHS staff;
- Assist Administrative Officer for maintaining personnel files for all SHS staff and ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated;
- Responsible for preparing ID cards for all staff; ID cards are worn by all SHS staff when on official business or on SHS property;
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and processing of payroll along with Finance and Admin Officers;
- Assist Administrative Officer in processing payments for all service contractors;
- Assist Finance Department in making cash payments to contractors in the field and maintaining payment sheet – as instructed by the Head of Office;
- Assist, as required, with coordination of administrative duties in other SHS offices.
- File SHS documents as required.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assist the Administrative Officer in managing the following SHS staff: Guards, Cooks and Cleaners. Ensuring that all KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 2 years experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills; demonstrated experience scheduling and managing staff from multiple departments; Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) is a benefit
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IicCuEN5 Oct 23 th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.