Ended Community Mobilizers (5)
Job: Community Mobilizer(5 Persons)
Posted on: 17 Oct 2020
Location : Marib
Application Deadline : 23/10/2020
Duration of the job :2 months renewable
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.
The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of filed coordinator, the Community Mobilizer will perform a wide range of duties starting with initiating and developing an awareness and promotion process of the newly established project and the goal and objectives it aims to achieve. In addition, the CM will be closely linked to the targeted communities and therefore works as a dual communication channel between the project and the community.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Community Volunteers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate to meet the local authorizes and beneficiaries.
- Assist to conduct need-based surveys, assessment and FGDs.
- Provide support to the team in planning for orientation and training activities in the target areas.
- Ensure program volunteers are working following the norms of SHS.
- Promote and install sense of ownership among the beneficiaries through community engagement activities or design appropriate activities for the enhanced beneficiaries’ involvement.
- Explain beneficiary selection criteria and facilitate community participation in the targeting process to target communities.
- Work with community volunteers/leaders to update sites new IPDs with full database.
- Coordinate and establish network for the social mobilization, when required and as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate with stakeholders’ level to avoid duplication.
- Ensure the safety for the team field visit and NFIs distribution sites by coordinate with responsible people.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work or any related field, with significant course components in either community development, social work, communications, or post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience.
- 1 years’ experience in community development and/or mobilization preferably with an international organization.
- Should have high level proficiency in Activity info, MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Power Point…etc
- Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
- Previous engagement in distribution of NFIs kits.
- Capability to work in different environment based on deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to work with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving orientation
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile via the following link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/Pa0IQyc2
The priority for the resident is the same area