Ended Field Coordinator
Posted on: 17 Oct 2020
Position: Field Coordinator
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 23 Oct 2020
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995. The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP.
[Describe overview of job mission
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, administration for work in field. The Field Coordinator will play a key role in the assessment exercise. Under the supervision of Aden Distribution officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support daily programme management, required planning and field operation updates, reporting tasks, field staff management and prioritize tasks
- Follow up on the field staff work in terms of activities, preparing requirements of assessment or distributions, post distribution reports, within the appropriate timeframe.
- Plan and monitor all field activities, i.e. appointments, meetings, voucher distributions, monitoring and beneficiary follow-ups.
- Network with other programs, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and key agencies as well as Exu in the program area to prevent duplication and to enhance program quality, innovation and sustainability.
- Follow up the reporting requirement, monitoring checklist procedures, datelines and control mechanisms to facilitate the efficient and effective implementation of projects
- Undertake the developing effective coordination mechanisms.
- Ensure proper documentation of project processes is upheld, i.e. distribution plans, beneficiary lists, voucher requisition, distribution reports, working with all stakeholders
- Represent the project/program coordination meetings at SHS regarding his/her field work
- In collaboration with the M&E Unit coordinate and follow up the M&E Calendar/Monitoring Plan for UNHCR projects
- Ensure to update the Project Manager about issues transpiring from the field offices and from donors and capacitate the field offices staff in accomplishing their tasks
- Contribute to effective achievements against target and indicators of SHS-UNHCR projects
- Ensure the timely Monthly Output Reports from the field offices and project monitoring data from the field
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Distribution Officer
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Distribution officer
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, administration or related field is required.
- More Than 3 years of direct experience in Field Coordinator positions, preferably in humanitarian NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff and coordinate field activities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic, with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid ability to provide team building, coaching, Coordinating, Managing, and development for staff as well as encourage cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
Click on this link and fill the form : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/hUZj4ytL