Ended M&E Assistant
Posted on: 17 Oct 2020
Position: M&E Assistant
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 23 Oct 2020
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.
The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing technical support to monitor and evaluate projects’ activities, collecting different data in relation to activities implemented in the field; and updating databases with the necessary information related to projects.
the M&E Assistant will work under the supervision of the M&E Manager and will work closely with the PMs to facilitate monitoring and evaluation activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the M&E Manger in designing and pre-post testing of the data collection tools.
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. Post distribution monitoring, During Distribution monitoring, market price monitoring and any other monitoring data required.
- Support M&E department to ensure quality of data collection from the field.
- Lead the data collection team to the team and supervise them at the field level for various field studies.
- Assist the M&E Specialist in training and organizing of other learning events
- Responsible of data entry and analysis, when required
- Supervise Data, collection, compile and document the all program and M&E related data and information.
- Responsible of writing of various reports (Weekly report, PDMs, DDMs and activity monitoring report)
- Ensure that all the documents are properly kept and hard-copy filed in the office.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of project quality.
- Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensures that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines,
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager, or matrix manager.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Field staff
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: M&E Manger
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Field staff, M&E department staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Data Management, social sciences or any related filed is required
- Professional experience of 1-3 years minimum with in NGO.
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- Good report writing skills in English.
- Data collection and management
- Analytical and search skills.
- Time management and ability to priorities multiple tasks
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Fluent knowledge of local language
- Fluent knowledge of written and oral in English
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
Click on this link and fill the form : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/jj4YLKZU