Posted on: 17 Oct 2020
Position: Store Keeper
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 23 Oct 2020
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.
The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct management of Log Assistant, the storekeeper manages receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of goods, materials, tools and equipment used by SHS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics assistant
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
- In conjunction with the Log-Admin Assistant, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with SHS standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists, and all other related stock documents.
- Participate in monthly inventories of stored goods and equipment and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Update stock Report on daily bases and sent to the line manager at the end of each month.
- Draft activity and inventory reports and forward them to the line manager
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Casual labors
ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: field coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Field staff, casual labors
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma.
- Vocational training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum one years' experience in storekeeping.
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Good knowledge on Office package : Excel, Word
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing SHS
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Click on this link and fill the form : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/ha2DpKAk