Ended Deputy Logistics Coordinator
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Deputy Logistics Coordinator
Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of the organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden - Yemen.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Deputy Logistics Coordinator will:
Guarantee the implementation of all logistics related procedures and rules according to Solidarités International and that of donors’ guidelines
Build the capacity of the logistics teams (at base and coordination level) through coaching, training and providing on-going and ad hoc technical assistance
Back up the Logistics Coordinator in guiding the mission logistical activities.
II. Roles and Responsabilities
- Carry out and supervise a purchasing environment analysis in Aden in close collaboration with Logistics coordinator.
- Supervise the supplier files and price lists’ update.
- Guarantee compliance with Solidarités International/donors’ purchasing procedures and ensure that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines, contextual and procedural logistical constraints.
- Participate in the drafting of the procurement tables during the proposal editing process under Logistics coordinator supervision.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents.
- Participate in the drafting of call for tender documents as well as framework agreements or contracts requiring coordination validation.
- Take part in suppliers’ selection, price negotiation, deadlines and delivery modes definition.
- Customs procedures and legal documentation monitoring and feedback.
- Participate with training and capacity building of the logistics team members.
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete, archived and compliant with Solidarités International procedures/guidelines for audit purposes.
Vehicle fleet management
- Supervise that the administrative management of vehicles (log books, contracts, etc.) is correctly done and follows Solidarités International rules and guidelines.
- Participate to the definition of a vehicle’s tool kit content and ensure compliance by all bases.
- Participate to the compilation and analysis of the monthly fuel consumption.
- Participate to the equipment strategy definition (purchase, renewal) in close collaboration with logistics coordinator.
- Participate to the monthly update of the mission park statement.
- Participate to scaling up the mission’s communication resources according to the field capacities and constraints
- Offer technical assistance to the teams and organize training sessions if needed or required by logistics coordinator.
Human resource management
- Participate to the logistics personnel needs analysis and ensure that the team under his/her supervision matches with the operational needs and with budgetary constraints.
- Participate in the drafting or updating of job descriptions for the log team members under him.
- Brief when necessary the logistics team members on arrival and support them in accomplishing their objectives throughout their mission.
- Provide support and training materials to logistics team members.
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team under his/her direct supervision.
- Organize regular formal meetings with team members.
Reporting / capitalization
Under the supervision and in close collaboration with logistics coordinator:
- Compile and analyze bases’ monthly logistics packs and carry out logistics reporting to logistics coordinator on a predefined schedule.
- Participate in drafting proposals and donor reports for logistics related sections/annexes.
- Ensure that price and supplier lists are compiled, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes)
- Participate in coordination meetings related to logistics when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Participate to the archiving of logistics documents.
ORG CHART POSITION
Line manager: Logistics Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: Logistics supervisor, procurement officer
III. Profile required
- Diploma in Logistics, or any other related fields
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Prior NGO/INGO experience
- Knowledge of INGO procurement and logistics procedures
- Knowledge of basic compliance standards within logistics
- Excellent knowledge of excel
- Excellent English level (written and spoken)
- Experience in team management
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive and motivated
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for receiving applications: 30th of October 2020