Pharmacist Project Officer - ECHO This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
Position: Pharmacist Project Officer - ECHO
Contract Length: 12 Months
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
Under overall guidance and supervision of Health and Nutrition Coordinator, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol. This position requires a dynamic staff who will spend a significant time in the field and interact with MoPHP staff at HF level.In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapeutic foods and equipments.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Guarantees the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensures that projects’ pharmacies are organized and managed properly.
- Conducts need assessment, participates in the set up of new pharmacies in the health facilities and defines how they should be run.
- Build the capacity of HF staff in stock management, storing, reporting, archiving and rational use of drugs.
- Conduct monthly field visits to targeted HFs to ensure pharmacy supportive supervision including developing action plans for the identified gaps
- Review monthly consumption reports of the HFs, ensure submission on time and proper archiving (hard ans soft copies), update the database, provide feedback and take lead on investigating medicine losses and mis-use.
- Support HFs in ensuring HF monthly inventory and reconciliation of the pharmaceuticals.
- Review monthly SCI pharmaceuticals warehouse reports, flag medicines entering 6 months window for disposal and advise pharmaceutical assistants on stock management
- Ensures the information flow the other members of the team concerning stock levels, pharmacy management and prescriptions.
- Oversees the monitoring of equipment with the logistics and finance teams.
- Manages donations and the destruction of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Manages the emergency stock and emergency boxes (relating to international and national staff health).
- In collaboration with the medical coordinator, defines the contents of, organises and manages the stock pre-positioned in the capital.
- Ensuring that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and supplies in the targeted health facilities from the available stock.
- Collection and Preparation of Monthly consumption and warehouse reports.
- Ensure Proper GIK management.
Medical supply and orders
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensures there is a supply process for medicines and medical material in the project that functions properly (procedures, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantees respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Basic principle: the medical order must be prepared by the persons in charge of pharmacies in the projects and their health and Nutrition coordinator, in collaboration with the health officer.
- Assists the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensures that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead time, quantities, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or program manger or technical manager.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for program staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Degree in pharmacology .
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years experience in pharmacy management with NGOs
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Experiace in Computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong experience in GIK management.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to regularly visit the targeted HFs in the districts of Hajjah Governorate
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Business Development SpecialistDeadline:08 Jun | Sana'a
Data Entry VolunteerDeadline:04 Jun | Hajjah