Logistics Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Logistics Assistant
Technical Supervisor: Logistics Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: LAS- Sanaa/22
Reporting to Logistics Officer, the staff will provide & carry out all Operations-related Warehouse management and fleet management to ensure effective and timely implementation of IRY Operations. This will include but is limited to processing the request of program supplies. The staff will provide all warehouse assistance related to Transportations warehousing and Fleet management.
1. Update & submit the Contracts tracking sheet & maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per signed contracts on a weekly basis.
2. Assist in arranging all staff transportation upon request from projects staff following up with payment of the transporters.
3. Reviewing of Monthly WFP/Cluster Reports – actively update the Stock Balance Reports (warehouse)
4. Support in logistics activities for the CO & providing technical support to all logistic staff at CO and field level.
5. Ensure IRY warehouses is managed according to IRY warehouse management guidelines and records are well maintained.
6. Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically, and assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
7. Support all the requests of operations - supplies request, to IRY warehouses/targeted locations.
8. Archiving/documentation of all relevant projects documents (FI/NFI Request Notes, dispatching waybills, In Kind Documents, transportation, warehouse reports, stock management and all submitted reports).
9. Capacity building of storekeepers – Regular trainings of warehouse staff on stock management, transportation and warehouse management through regular field visits to all project areas.
10. Follow up with all Projects related Request’s – timely delivery, distribution to targeted locations, submission of fully signed/stamped GRNs/GDNs.
11. Fleet Management supporting for CO and sup office.
12. Perform any other duty assigned by the line supervisor/s.
13. Any other task assigned from the line manager or HR Manager
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief vision and mission.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Business Management / Logistics, or other related fields,
- Proficiency in English & Arabic is essential.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written English communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with the staff and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and under harsh living conditions.
- Ideally flexible to work beyond office working hours when needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Working experience with I/NGOs in a similar position
- Past experience in logistic supporting programming & Operations.
- Good interpersonal communication and the ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of staff
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Islamic Relief
Programme Development & Reporting Coordinator (Re-Advertised)Deadline:24 Dec | Sana'a
Project CoordinatorDeadline:11 Dec | Aden
Project OfficerDeadline:11 Dec | Aden
Project AssistantDeadline:04 Dec | Sana'a