Ended Programme Support Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the direct supervision of the UNODC GMCP Programme Manager for Yemen and Red Sea within the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea Team, the UN Volunteer will assist in the implementation of activities that are carried out under the Programme matters related to maritime crime and in particular the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the GMCP team with Arabic/English interpretation at meetings and trainings;
- Assist the GMCP programme manager in the implementation of the programme activities under the Global Maritime Crime Programme;
- Support the conduct of research and collation of information on maritime seizures and attacks at sea in the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea region.
- Contribute with substantive support for the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies;
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, briefing notes, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc., relating to maritime crime issues in the region;
- Provide administrative and substantive support to the GMCP programme coordinator in view of consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, preparing background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.;
- Assist the GMCP programme manager with administrative processes related to the procurement of equipment and services including preparation of purchase orders, contracts for consultants, related payment requests, and monitoring and follow-up on such requests in line with UN financial rules and regulations;
- Support field missions to locations the region where GMCP carries out programme activities, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.;
- Perform any other duties as required/assigned.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Required experience: 60 Months
- 5 years work experience in english
- Work in law field is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Criminal law, Human rights
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
To apply, click on the following link: