Ended Communication Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Hodeidah
The Communication Officer contributes to the design, planning and implementation of Communication projects and activities in coordination with the management of the Hodeidah Sub-delegation and /or country communication and prevention manager. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and to build the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to define communication and possibly prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the area or programme covered in line with the priorities of the sub-delegation and/or the delegation's communication and/or prevention strategy.
- With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develop tools for operational communication; community engagement; IHL promotion; building NS communication capacity; public communication, digital communication; information analysis/ environment scanning; religious circles; public affairs and resource mobilisation.
- Supports the head of sub-delegation and/or the country communication and prevention manager in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents ICRC with various audiences.
- Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to analysis.
- Interprets and translates from and into local language in support of Communication programs when required.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the communication team (e.g. archiving, stock management, event organisation) when required.
- Supports communication-related training and coaching for staff of the sub-delegation and/or other departments when needed.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations, journalism.
- Fluent spoken and written English, and when applicable, the local language(s) of the context.
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office); familiarity with digital communication tools.
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 3 year's work experience in a field relevant to communication and/or prevention (preferably within the ICRC).
- Experience in an ICRC operation an asset.
- IHL knowledge is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the political, social & media environment in the country/region of assignment.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating in the subject line: Communication Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline to send your application: 26.11.2020