Muslim Hands YEMEN – Field officer
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Field officer
Reports to: Program manager.
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT ( six month with possibility of extension.)
The overall role of the Field Officer is to supervise different project activities in close coordination with relevant stakeholders. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition, to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality.
Field Officer will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
- Assist in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Conduct daily, weekly or required field monitoring visits.
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Program implementation and management.
- Perform implementation of all project activities in close collaboration with the project team.
- Coordinate with the relevant NGOs, government agencies, community leaders, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with government counterparts, contractors and other partners to analyze and evaluate designs, processes, facilities and outcomes to ensure achievement of objectives and attainment of sustainability and/or take corrective action when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project to ensure the development of community ownership for the project.
- Develop and maintain good relationships in line of communication with relevant local authorities and communities throughout the project.
- Plan and provide timely call for all equipment and suppliers necessary for the implementation.
- Supervise workers, suppliers and contractors working for different operating infrastructure in the targeted area.
- Prepare weekly& monthly reports of the project activities.
- Prepare all procurement, contracting and construction management documentation
- Enhance Programmer efficiency and effectiveness through evidence-base approach and implementation follow-up
- Contribute to the development of training and orientation materials.
- Maintain a high level of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area and so take adequate measures to ensure the safety of all staff in the area.
- Perform assigned related task by the program officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A university degree in relevant field is required.
- Two years’ experience in similar field with international NGOs
- Strong Community Mobilization skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its program at field level
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Yemen
- Excellent oral and written English skills is preferable.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered OR will note be:
The closing date for applications is 06 December 2020