Caritas Poland is looking for an Administrative Assistant (national position):
Position: Administrative Assistant for an emergency response integrated project in WASH & Health
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Full-time
Duration: January – December 2021 with a possibility of extension
Starting date: January 2021
About Caritas Poland
Caritas Poland is the largest charity organization in Poland, carrying out its activities on the country level since 1990. Caritas Poland has also implemented numerous humanitarian and development aid projects in more than 60 countries affected by conflicts, wars and natural disasters. Recently, Caritas Poland has been particularly supporting the needy in the Middle East – in Syria, Jordan and Iraq – as well as in Colombia, Venezuela, Ukraine, Nepal and in many countries in Africa and South Asia. For more information, please refer to https://www.caritas.org/ and https://www.caritas.org/where-caritas-work/europe/poland/.
Caritas Poland has been funding health projects in Yemen since July 2019, and has received official registration in May 2020, with plans for expansion of activities across a range of sectors, currently focusing on Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Caritas Poland has been cooperating closely with Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) Yemen Mission.
About PAH (Project Implementing Partner)
Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and since then provided humanitarian assistance to over 60.000 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahij Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Markazi Refugee Camp in Djibouti, in interventions in Health, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Livelihoods sectors.
Position reports to: Caritas Poland Project Coordinator in Yemen
- Administrative assistant for the management of Caritas Poland daily office operations, financial operations other administrative issues indicated by Caritas Poland Project Coordinator in Yemen
- Administrative support in applying for visas, work permits, project proposals submissions, reports submissions, country movements permits and assessments.
- Arranging visits in Yemen for Caritas Poland international staff and its guests.
- Representing Caritas Poland in contacts with local authorities, INGOs, NGOs, communities and any other relevant partners within the scope of Caritas Poland activities in Yemen
- Working together with project coordinator in Yemen in managing the project budget and project-related cost analysis.
- Together with PAH Liaison Officer, liaising with local authorities, local community, project manager and all relevant stakeholders.
- Support project coordinator in managing the flow of project related information and storing all project documentation
- Participation in project activities.
- Conducting the communication activities for the project
- Supports implementation of projects and programmes
- Provides administrative and financial project information upon request
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses
- Support project coordinator in preparing regular project financial reports
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Business administration or a related academic field
- At least 1 year of professional experience in an administrative position in WASH / Health sectors in a humanitarian setting
- Desirable: At least 2 years of professional experience in working with NNGOs & INGOs
Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your application by filling a form under this link, including a short CV (max.2 pages), by December 10th, 2020.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, held in English. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.