Senior Supply Chain Officer
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8A
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Al Dhale
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To support effective operations in Supply Chain Department in IRC Yemen by managing all local, national and international procurement in Al Dhale and to ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
The Senior Supply Chain Officer will work in Al Dhale (could be deployed anywhere in Country) under the supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator and Field Manager. He/she is responsible for all types of procurement, fleet, inventory and asset management under the responsibility of Supply Chain. This is a key position within SC and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC's system.
- Overseeing procurement and ensure all the related policies are being followed. Ensure transparency is maintained in the procurement process.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager and/or Supply Chain Coordinator with high valued procurement and national/international tenders.
- Ensure analyzing procurements and suggesting SC Manager and SC Coordinator on regularly procured goods and supplies that would benefit from Master Purchase Agreements.
- Organize regular local market surveys and ensure the vendor roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process;
- Supervise Supply Chain officer (procurement and warehouse) and Assistants to ensure that procurement tracking system is updated all the times. Monitor and address pending procurements.
- Ensure Payment Request Forms are raised promptly after delivery of supplies or completion of services an dprocurement file is complete before they re submitted to finance department.
- Ensure that the Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) file is complete and kept up to date, and ATCs for suppliers are renewed.
- Communicate to budget holders and requestors on any expected delays.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation when required.
- Submit procurement updates to SC Manager/Sr. Procurement Manager for weekly Supply Chain Report.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager/Sr. Procurement Manager to address issues related to procurement procedures that arise from internal audits and reviews.
- Provide guidance to Supply Chain Officer and warehouse officer.
- Manage all lease and administrative contracts for Al Dahle sub office in coordination with Supply chain Manager Aden.
Fleet and Transport Management
- Ensure implementation of IRC standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly checks are carried out and records are available in sequential order.
- Ensure drivers are briefed about IRC policies and advice on internal and external trainings. Conduct internal trainings for drivers.
- Ensure weekly movement plans are in place and shared on weekly basis.
- Ensure monthly vehicle usage reports are drafted and review for accuracy before submitting to SC Manager.
- Ensure fuel records for generator and vehicles are up to date and available, fuel stock is matching with consumption.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure availability of appropriate and adequate space for warehouse as per the needs of the program in designated field offices. Manage warehouse facility selection, when required.
- Ensure designated space is available to store samples received from suppliers. Supervise warehouse staff to be in continuous communication with procurement staff on specifications and ETD for supplies. Ensure delivered supplies are checked against specifications and samples by the warehouse staff and no alternative quality or damaged goods are accepted.
- Ensure that items procured are properly received, recorded, stored and dispatched as per the standard guidelines. Ensure that items are dispatched as per the plans shared by program team and to the desired location.
- Conduct regular spot checks, cycle counting and warehouse inspections as directed by the SC Manager from Aden. Ensure fully signed cycle counting and fiscal year end counting reports are available and submitted to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Report any donation of supplies received, providing necessary inputs to finance department to record the CIK.
- Advise on and manage disposal of any damaged, expired or any inventory no longer useful to IRC. Ensure fully approved Disposal Certificates are available before the actual disposal.
- Review and submit end-of-month pharma and non-pharma inventory lists to Supply Chain Manager on weekly/monthly basis. Prepare end-of-grant donor inventory reports, when requested.
Asset and Property Management:
- Maintain up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, ensuring recording all asset movements and disposals.
- Ensure equipment issue forms are used to document any transfer of asset from store to user.
- Act on reports of damage, loss, robbery etc. and ensure relevant disposal documents are drafted. Immediately inform Supply Chain Manager for the purpose of further action and donor reporting.
- Manage and follow up on maintenance and repair of damaged assets.
- Manage end of fiscal year asset and property verification in Al Dahle and send complete report to Supply Chain Manager.
- Review and submit end-of-month asset report to Supply Chain Manager on monthly basis.
- Work closely with Field Manager, program Managers in Al Dahle as well as Supply Chain Managers in Aden to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery of project materials to the field office.
Human Resource Management:
- Manage day-to-day activities and performance of SC personnel based in Al Dhale.
- Manage annual leave planning of SC staff ensuring there are sufficient staff on duty at any given time to avoid interruption to the operations of the Supply Chain Department.
- Provide training and briefings to new hires, as required.
- Provide leadership to the SC team in Al Dhale through training, performance management, guidance and general support.
- Ensure facilities including IRC office and guesthouses are well maintained and safety and security measures are in place in close collaboration with Humanitarian Access and Security department.
- Manage new facility identification and selection, when required. Manage initial set-up, if applicable.
- Ensure compliance with policies to be documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Supply Chain records.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Promptly inform Field coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator and Deputy Director Operations of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks in the remit of the role may be added/removed according to operational changes.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Field Manager Al Dhale and Supply Chain Coordinator Aden
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Staff, Procurement/Assets/Fleet/warehouse etc.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration, Programs, Grants and Finance departments
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing, Information technology and civil Engineering and/or equivalent field.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of Experience working within the commercial, humanitarian NGO or public sector within logistics, supply Chain management or a related field e.g. procurement, Humanitarian Supply Chain etc.
- Experience of procurement, inventory management.
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to participate and contribute as a team member, under challenging working conditions.
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with great networking and communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Certificates or Licenses: Relevant certificates
Working Environment: Based in Al Dahle office, required to travel to field locations where program is being implemented
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Nov 25, 2020 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.